Power of branding, trade wars, and how to spot leaky boats
Here are the top 3 insights for May 7th, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- RBC: The Power of Branding
- Franklin Templeton: On My Mind, Trade Wars — The Dog That Didn’t Bark
- Legal & General: Emerging markets — How to spot leaky boats
- The power of branding is an aspect of the corporate world that often goes unnoticed.
- It has proved both a catalyst for growth and a ballast in times of decline for countless businesses navigating the ever-changing consumer environment.
- In an age of increasing product offerings and ever more agile ways of reaching consumers, its power is more essential than ever.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Interactive Media & Service stocks
- YY, 59
- SINA, 59
- Momo, 58
- For over two years we have lived in fear of trade wars — fear that a spreading escalation of protectionist measures would cripple global trade flows and send the global economy tumbling into a severe downturn.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has just stoked a fresh wave of alarmist media headlines with its newly released World Economic Outlook (WEO).
- Yet global trade hasn’t collapsed, and the global economy hasn’t stalled.
- Global trade wars are the dog that didn’t bark.
Genuine Scores for top 3 Globally focused funds
- PIMCO Short Asset Investment Fund, 100
- SPF Securitized Products, 99
- Pioneer Multi-Asset Ultrashort Income Fund, 99
- The size and depth of many emerging financial markets have increased over time, while correlations between EM assets have declined.
- However, expectations for US or European rates, the US dollar, or developed market equities (and their volatility) still drive demand for EM assets.
- This leads to situations in which changes in global risk sentiment lift — or sink — EM assets indiscriminately.
- In the end, we believe, fundamentals win out and lead to differentiation between EM assets, with those of fundamentally strong economies tending to outperform in the end.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Global Emerging Market focused Equity funds
- MassMutual Select Equity Opportunities Fund, 82
- SEI Extended Market Index Fund, 62
- MFS International Value Fund, 61
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 5th of April