Retrofit for the future, healthcare stocks, and beyond the digital frontier
Here are the top 3 insights for May 2nd, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- Mega: Retrofit for the future
- Alliance Bernstein: Healthcare Stocks: Invest in Business, not Science
- EY: How will your personal data affect your future health and financial well-being?
- Urbanisation has reached a tipping point.
- Although cities take up just 2 per cent of the world’s land mass, they consume almost 80 per cent of its energy and are responsible for about two thirds of CO2 emissions.
- And with 180,000 people migrating from rural to urban areas every day — and some 70 per cent of the world’s population expected to be living in cities by 2050 — metropolitan authorities will face enormous social and environmental challenges over the coming decades.
- In such cases, authorities have been able to plan with a blank sheet of paper and harness the latest sustainable technologies in areas such as energy efficiency and innovative residential and commercial real estate.
- Unfortunately, that doesn’t work for older, established cities.
- Because they have to deal with ageing building stock and infrastructure, older urban centres find huge overhauls are often costly, complex and cause too much disruption.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Real Estate Management & Development stocks
- LendLease, 64
- Deutsche Euroshop, 63
- Realogy Holdings, 62
- Healthcare stocks served as powerful painkillers during last year’s market declines.
- Yet the sector offers much more than just downside protection for investors who focus on business potential and resist the urge to predict scientific breakthroughs.
- While the MSCI World Index fell by 8.7% last year, healthcare stocks advanced by 4.8%.
- But healthcare’s reputation as a defensive haven understates the sector’s attractions.
- Pharmaceutical groups, medical device manufacturers and healthcare providers are benefiting from big trends that can fuel returns for investors who are skilled at deciphering the complex forces shaping the sector.
Genuine Scores for top 3 Pharmaceuticals stocks
- Innoviva, 65
- Allergan, 63
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, 60
- We invite you to imagine a future in which firms anticipate individuals’ wellness needs, provide hyper-personalized services and nudge them to make smarter choices.
- The future of wellness is about providing a combination of health and financial services that create value for individuals in every moment.
- This connected approach would create an opportunity for every individual to identify and meet their aspirations for education, work, leisure, family, retirement and health.
- Just as importantly, it would do so in a way that takes account of their ever-changing circumstances and personal preferences.
- Fast forward 10 years and imagine Minna, a ridesharing driver whose phone, car and wearable devices continually gather and share her personal data with various service providers.
- In return, Minna receives tailored, real-time services and advice.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Health Care Technology stocks
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, 56
- NextGen Healthcare, 44
- Compugroup Medical, 43
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 4th of April