Summer Outlook Special — Volatility likely to remain, signals to watch, and sleepless summertime nights
Here are the top 3 insights for August 20th.
- Ashmore: Volatility likely to remain high during the summer
- Wells Fargo: The Cold Wind of August — Signals To Watch
- Franklin Templeton: US Market Volatility and Sleepless Summertime Nights
- US naming China a currency manipulator doesn’t change anything, but is a symbol of the White House’s political interference in key institutions.
- Venezuelan assets frozen while full-blown economic sanctions are announced.
- President Macri suffers heavy defeat in Argentinian primaries ahead of 27 October general election.
- Oil sell-off versus higher gold prices, point to further hedging against negative rates and recession.
- Volatility is likely to increase further as tensions between asset pricing and economic and monetary policy divergences abound.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Stocks:
- Och-Ziff Capital Management Group, 84
- Peugeot, 77
- Qudian, 77
- Even by August standards, when market liquidity declines and volatility often rises, this month is delivering a larger than normal amount of unusual events.
- The escalation of the U.S.-China trade conflict on August 1 and subsequent delay of newly proposed tariffs on August 13; the U.S.
- Treasury’s labeling of China as a currency manipulator, the first use of that designation in 25 years.
- Unrest and protests in Hong Kong shutting down major transportation arteries — coupled with already slow global growth — all have markets concerned about the path forward.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 US focused Funds:
- AAAMCO Ultrashort Financing Fund, 100
- Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0–1 Year ETF, 100
- iShares Ultra Short-Term Bond ETF, 100
- The summer of 2019 has given equity investors a lot of things to worry about.
- Yet, Franklin Equity Group’s Grant Bowers says the health of the US equity bull market shouldn’t be one of them — at least not now.
- He discusses the biggest growth driver for both the US and global economy and explains why he likes the long-term prospects for select companies in the health care and technology sectors.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 UK listed Stocks:
- Ferrexpo, 75
- Etalon Group, 73
- Liontrust Asset Management, 71
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 16th of August