The policy handoff, Intel shifts some production, and is your wholesaler your BESTIE?
Here are the top 3 insights for May 15th, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- UBS: The policy handoff
- S&P Global: Intel shifts some production to Vietnam from China amid trade wars with US
- Russell Investments: Is your wholesaler your BESTIE?
- As central banks struggle to reach their inflation objectives, we believe that fiscal policy is likely to play a greater role in economic stabilization.
- In the near term this should be constructive for risk assets; easy monetary policy and fiscal support, particularly from China, are crucial in supporting global growth.
- But further out, growing populism and falling concern about deficits could lead to much more aggressive fiscal policies, which could generate sharply higher inflation and yields.
- Multi-asset investors should be cognizant of stock-bond correlations shifting from negative to positive territory over coming years.
- Gradual diversification into real assets makes sense amid the monetary to fiscal policy shift.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 UK focused Bond funds
- GCP Infrastructure Investments Limited, 38
- Vanguard UK Inflation-Linked Gilt Index, 36
- iShares Index-Linked Gilts UCITS ETF, 35
- Intel Corp. has moved the production and assembly of some computer components from China to Vietnam, which analysts attributed to tightening trade restrictions between the U.S. and China.
- On March 26, Intel issued a notice to suppliers and customers informing them that the assembly and manufacturing of some platform controller hubs, which are important parts of PCs and servers, were shifting from China to Vietnam.
- The move could be due to the trade wars between the U.S. and China and lower labor costs, said Dan Olds, a partner at tech research firm OrionX.
- With import duties, it is becoming more expensive for Intel to make parts in China, and manufacturing in Vietnam may be a cheaper alternative, Olds said.
Genuine Scores for top 3 Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment stocks
- Siltronic, 68
- Lam Research, 65
- Xperi, 65
- Have you ever called your wholesaler when you realized late in the game of planning a client event that you need additional funding?
- Don’t worry, I’ve been in this industry for 22 years, so I know how this goes.
- But, in my opinion, you should expect more from your wholesalers — especially your best wholesalers.
- A premier wholesaler should be much more than a checkbook.
- In fact, I believe a premier wholesaler should be your BESTIE.
- You know, that guy or gal you can count on no matter what.
- That is what a premier wholesaler should be for you when it comes to the financial services industry.
- Don’t believe me? Let me break it down. Here’s the standard your BESTIE wholesaler should measure up to.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Thrifts & Mortgage Finance stocks
- Genworth MI Canada, 66
- Paragon Banking Group, 66
- New York Community Bancorp, 65
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 8th of April