Unlocking knowledge, emerging Asia, and retail is changing not dying
Here are the top 3 insights for May 29th, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- NN Investment Partners: Unlocking knowledge
- Eastspring Investments: Emerging Asia — I want to break free!
- Baillie Gifford: Retail is Changing Not Dying
- Active investors must deliver “alpha” to justify their existence alongside passive investors
- The drive for alpha is also indispensable for passive investors
- Observing market inefficiencies does not make them easy to exploit
Genuine Scores for the top 3 funds
- iShares Ultra Short-Term Bond ETF, 100
- PGIM Core Short-Term Bond Fund, 100
- Barak Structured Trade Finance, 100
- On the surface, this performance seems counter intuitive.
- EM economic growth, for example, has consistently outpaced that of the Developed Markets (DMs), notably over the 2008/9 financial crisis — when the EMs recorded growth, albeit lower, while the DM economies shrank.
- This period should have convinced critics that EMs have developed their own internal growth dynamics.
- Clearly, it did not — although it is naïve to argue that EMs will be completely independent of world activity.
- EM equities did swing back into favour in 2017 (briefly) only to give back around half the year’s gains in the subsequent twelve months.
Genuine Scores for top 3 Asia Pacific focused Equity funds
- JPM Pacific Equity, 51
- Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund, 47
- Templeton Dragon Fund, 46
- The world of retail is undergoing a level of change not seen since the industrial revolution.
- However, if retailers, governments and shoppers work together to embrace the change, we can all benefit, says brand expert and author Mark Pilkington.
- The demise of the High Street is attributed largely to the ‘Amazon effect’.
- Are there other factors?
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Internet & Direct Marketing Retail stocks
- Cango, 62
- Takkt, 60
- Groupon, 60
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 11th of April