George Portes: What are the roles and responsibilities of an event manager?
George Portes is senior event managers, who have organized several events at national and international level. He also got experience in handling a large amount of team globally in organizing an event.
He defined event manager as a person, who is having a farsighted vision, full-of-energy, and steady commitment in a strong position of many responsibilities and authorities. He stated that the job of a professional event manager includes a countless number of professional roles. They are not only responsible for doing the planning and successful execution of the event, but they are also responsible for doing a Brand building, communication strategy, and marketing management as well.
George Portes has mentioned some characteristics that define the personality of an event manager, which includes:-
· Orientation towards the minutest of detailing
· Well-organized approach, decent behavior, and updated outlook
· Full of energy at both physical and emotional levels
· Feeling to cherish something persistently
· Flexibility and a great sense of humor
As a senior event manager, George Portes also has given the list of significant steps that are needed to keep the events on the track, which includes:-
· Select volunteers that are needed for managing an event
· Decide the goals and themes of the event
· Research the audience, who will be going to come to the event
· Choose evaluation methods
· Outline the overall budget
· Contact the number of a potential sponsor
· Visit and select the appropriate site
· Decide the name of an event and create a logo
· Design registration
· Organize Audition and select the performers
· Schedule rehearsals
· Draft menu
· Meet for evaluations
· Write and file reports
· Plan publicity campaigns
· Contact media
· Negotiate with caterers
· Choose the serving style
· Shop for the supplies needed at the event
· Prepare delicious food
· Manage the big day
He further added that most of the reputed event management companies that are specialized in organizing event accomplish the project keeping in view the global event management quality parameters.
Manpower plays an important role in organizing an event that works at different positions in the organizations says, George Portes. He further added that by giving the responsibility to an event management organization a person feels free from all their worries and tension. He further reveals that an event manager takes full responsibility of hiring a team that varies from small scale setup to a large scale setup as well.