Corporate Developoment Analyst
Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple years with clean, affordable solar energy (see the articles at the bottom of this post). At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We‘re now looking for a Corporate Development Analyst to support Off Grid Electric’s long-term growth strategy.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You love those uncrackable problems–the ones that you have a knack for cracking–and are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
The Corporate Development Analyst will join an exciting team in San Francisco, which is responsible for driving Off Grid Electric’s long-term growth strategy through strategic partnerships, new businesses, joint ventures and acquisitions. The team proactively sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, executes on transactions and actively manages existing relationships. Off Grid Electric is looking to add an exceptional team member to grow its organization and support the company’s continued growth. The Corporate Development Analyst will directly support the Director of Corporate Development. Main tasks related to the role are to:
- Perform analyses to support corporate-level opportunities, such as strategic partnerships, new business expansions, joint ventures or acquisitions
- Support creation of business plans for growth initiatives and new businesses
- Support projects from idea to business case to deal execution and post-deal integration — taking a holistic, cross-functional approach
- Assist in all aspects of the deal, including initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities
- Exercise analytical rigor and collaborate across the company
We are looking for a highly intelligent, analytically driven, hard-working teammate with excellent financial modelling skills; analytically driven; ability to transform raw data into usable external facing models and presentations; problem solver with internal drive to perform; self-starter excited by working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of investment banking analyst or equivalent management consulting experience preferably in corporate finance, M&A or fixed income
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills including Excel modeling for advanced debt structures such as securitizations, warehouse facilities or asset-backed transactions
- Ability to understand the business, operations, strategy, reflect that in how the business is communicated internally/externally both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines and have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and to develop innovative solutions
- Potential to manage projects independently and be ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team
- Outstanding ethics and integrity with high intellectual curiosity
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
Are you interested in this position and join our team in San Francisco, let’s connect and send your resume via email@example.com
About Off Grid Electric
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit offgrid-electric.com.