Field Quality Engineer Tanzania
“Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact”
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple years with clean, affordable solar energy (see the articles at the bottom of this post). At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We‘re now looking for a skilled Field Quality Engineer to help us build world-class energy solutions for Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
The engineering team is seeking a skilled engineer to help produce exciting new hardware prototypes that explore future technologies & user experiences. The ideal candidate exhibits strong expertise spanning hardware and software, and is experienced in producing & testing system-level hardware. Once products are introduced into the market, the engineer will identify and drive improvement to field quality. What you will do:
- Develop test plans to validate design intent and product performance;
- Run field testing coordinating product installations, collecting data logs, analyze and consolidating customer feedback;
- Setup sustaining product repair process for debugging and repair of new products;
- Track field failure rate and drive resolution leveraging the cross functional team for in market products;
- Manage, hire and train team of technicians supporting field testing and in market product quality;
- BSc in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or related field;
- Strong project management and people management skills, ability to drive issue to closure and influence change;
- Experience in testing & troubleshooting complex hardware and software systems;
- Proficient with C;
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, bring-up, debugging, verification and manufacturing support for embedded systems;
- Good data analysis and reporting skills. Proficient with data analysis tools such as Excel & Looker;
- Fluent in English and sufficient working proficiency in Swahili or French;
About Off Grid Electric
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit offgrid-electric.com.
Are you interested in this position and join our team in Arusha, Tanzania, let’s connect and send your resume via email@example.com