Procurement Manager Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
“Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact”
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple years with clean, affordable solar energy (see the articles at the bottom of this post). At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We‘re now looking for a skilled Procurement Manager to help us build world-class energy solutions for Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the procurement of goods and services across the country of operation in accordance with Procurement Policy and Procedures. To ensure goods and services are procured in the correct quantities, at the right time and at the right price. To create value for money for the company through tender process (for large projects), negotiations, supplier relationship management and management of contracts in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Procedures. To manage the provision of an efficient and safe fleet management service within the country of operation.
- Develop and execute the annual and monthly Procurement Plan to plan for the procurement of goods and services in consultation with the Head: Operations, with focus on, timeous delivery of goods and services, obtaining the best value for money and utilizing buying power leverage;
- Approve all receipts for inventory, monitor the stock counts and levels, including expiry of stock and delivery of stock per supplier. Make recommendations for stock optimization and stock disposal.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with suppliers, colleagues and management to ensure business continuity
- Work across service providers to achieve value through maximized savings benefits, reduced duplications and negotiate fixed contractual agreements
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (tendering, quotations, negotiations, evaluation award, contract management, supplier relationship management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
- Develop the annual budget based on operational and financial targets for the department
- Participate in the recruitment of subordinates in collaboration with management and the Human Resources Department and manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance;
- Participate in weekly and monthly team meetings to share updates and specify action items and hold meetings with the Head: Operations to review departmental performance and set priorities and strategies
- National Diploma in Procurement or equivalent, BS Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred;
- 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Procurement, of which 2 years is at a management level and fleet management;
- Experience in and Knowledge of supply chain, fleet, procurement and inventory management;
- Knowledge of procurement best practice and the relevant legislation
- Understanding of the local business environment and knowledge of financial principles
- Management and Relationship management skills;
- Strong Communication and problem solving skills
- Proven negotiation and time management skills
- Customer and quality focused team player
About Off Grid Electric
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit offgrid-electric.com.
Are you interested in this position and join our team in Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), let’s connect and send your resume via: email@example.com.