Software Engineer NetSuite
Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage startup that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple years with clean, affordable solar energy (see the articles at the bottom of this post). At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We‘re now looking for a skilled Software Engineer NetSuite to help us build world-class energy solutions for Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Off Grid Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets — billions of people around the world — with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You love those uncrackable problems–the ones that you have a knack for cracking–and are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
Off Grid Electric is seeking a Software Engineer NetSuite. Using the NetSuite platform, the Engineer will play a critical role in designing, enhancing and implementing an effective and scalable solution across business functions including finance, inventory/logistics, customer contracts, and HR. These solutions will include building and maintaining custom NetSuite APIs that are used with our internal software platforms. Working as an integrated member of our Digital Platforms department, the candidate will work collaboratively to deliver solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the business. The Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Analyze business and technical requirements, regarding their impact on existing systems and environments, to produce a comprehensive business and system design
- Primary technical resource to finalize business and technical requirements necessary to design, develop, test and implement solutions on the NetSuite platform
- Collaborate with Surge platform engineers to design and implement integrations between multiple software systems
- Work with requirement owners to estimate and prioritize user systems requests
- Advise on how to leverage out-of-the-box NetSuite solutions, as well as when to customize
- Advise on cross-functional projects to re-engineer business processes and adapt systems to develop effective solutions that result in efficiency gains
- Manage configuration changes to fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports and dashboards
- Work with application support staff to assist users in performing daily functions on USS’s ERP platforms
- Create comprehensive technical requirements documentation and provide training to stakeholders
- Manage release preview and business process testing for ongoing NetSuite upgrades
- Fully document existing and new customizations and workflows
- Develop, launch and manage in-depth Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), dashboards and reports for all team functions at both management and individual level
- Maintain proper system access for all users and roles
- Coordinate with NetSuite support on issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders regarding project status and delivery timeframes
Bsc/Msc in Computer Science or related field preferred with 3+ years of relevant IT field and systems development experience. Application Development experience in NetSuite, SQL databases, REST APIs, team player, self-starter that can work independently. Extensive NetSuite functional experience with hands-on NetSuite experience in the following areas:
- Designing and configuring/developing
- Development of interfaces for supported applications (Suite Script, is a must) as well as unsupported applications that require integration
- Implementing platform end-to-end
- Serving as an administrator
- Experience with other SaaS e-commerce platforms
- Familiarity with business and e-commerce processes
- Familiarity with areas covering ERP (GL, Financials, Banking, Payables, and Receivables), CRM (Life cycle from Lead to Quote to order, Marketing to ROI), Electronic Funds Transactions, and Fixed Asset
- Familiarity with accounting business processes, SQL and ETL processes and tools
- Experience with Agile Project methodology and Ruby experience is a plus
- Travel to some of the loveliest and most exotic parts of Africa
- The opportunity to directly improve millions of lives. By bringing sustainable electricity to a part of the world where 90% of people have no grid access.
- Few other activities can provide as fundamental impact to human lives as this.
- World-class medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working co-workers in a distributed environment
About Off Grid Electric
Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Off Grid Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Off Grid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Off Grid Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Off Grid Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit offgrid-electric.com.
Are you interested in this position and join our team in Amsterdam, let’s connect and send your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org.