Are you fed up with your Yahoo mail account or you don’t want to use it anymore. There could be a lot of reasons why you don’t want your Yahoo mail account anymore. But, if you are one of the people who are looking to delete their Yahoo account, you’ve come to the right place.
Deleting the Yahoo mail account means you are shutting down your entire mail account and revoking access to your email address, removing all the emails and prevent people from messaging you.
Before deleting the account, we suggest you to contact Yahoo help center to resolve your concern. If you are going to delete your account for any problem or issue about the account. They will resolve it and help you to run the account smoothy.
If you’ve made your mind to delete your account permanently, here are the steps you can follow to delete it. However, if you don’t get these steps and unable to delete the account, call Yahoo to help and support number.
Let’s get started.
How to permanently delete Yahoo Mail Account
- You have to open the Yahoo deletion URL on your Browser.
- Paste this URL in the address bar and hit enter to open the page.
- Now, you have to sign in with your Yahoo account by entering the username and password.
- Then, scroll down to the information page and click on the continue button to proceed. This information page generally contains information about the terms of deletion as well as a reminder to not delete the Yahoo account.
- Again, you’ll have to enter your Email address and click on the ‘Yes, terminate this account’ button. This will schedule your account for deletion and Yahoo will take 90 more days to delete the account permanently. They do this for the people who have a change of heart and want their email address back.
This way you will be able to delete the yahoo account permanently without any hitch. However, there are times when people make one mistake and they are not able to delete their account. So, you must not miss any step from this procedure otherwise you wouldn’t be able to delete the account.
Speak to Yahoo representative on the phone line if you are stuck on any step or not able to delete the mail account. They will be able to provide you complete instructions over the phone and you will have to follow them step by step.
Yahoo live chat support is the other option if you are not able to contact support executives using phone numbers. So, contact them through that, they might try to persuade to not delete their account. But you have to keep in mind that they are doing their job and you are doing yours.
Read this also: How to Recover Deleted Yahoo Account?