The Most Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love cookies! Finding this chocolate chip cookie recipe of Danielle Walker’s was a joyous day! I have made this particular recipe numerous times and have not been disappointed yet. The cookies turn out the same way every time, delicious!
I used a combination of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips as well as a few dark chocolate chips that I had on hand. The palm shortening and the coconut crystals will be hard to find in your regular grocery store. Whole Foods carries the crystals, shortening and the chocolate chips. If you do not have a Whole Foods store nearby you can order these items online. The internet is such a lifesaver these days! Enjoy these scrumptious cookies everybody!
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark-chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the shortening and egg in a food processor and process for 15 seconds.
3. Add the coconut crystals, honey and vanilla extract. Process again until combined.
4. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt and process for 30 seconds.
5. Scrape down the sides and pulse again if necessary to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
6. Stir the chocolate in by hand.
7. Use a large tablespoon to scoop balls of the dough, placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press them down to flatten, making disks about 1/2 inch thick.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
And there you have it! Delicious, healthy homemade cookies. My mouth is watering, what about yours?