Building A People First Community, A Response to Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg recently published an open letter that attempts to push his morally superior globalist agenda in the face of billions of users on his platform. In response, we wrote this open letter with The People in mind.
To our community,
On our journey to defend free speech and expression online, we often discuss products we’re building and updates on our business. Today I want to focus on the most important question of all: how can we put the people first?
Brexit, the election of President Trump, and the populist uprising around the world are the stories of history that will show globalization has never and will never work. Human beings are by nature tribalistic. Western civilization has a certain set of moral ideals that many in the world do not agree or align with. Take China for example, where censorship on the internet is commonplace. Or North Korea, where the internet is so limited that it may as well be non-existent. The free flow of expression and ideas is a uniquely Western value and one that should be defended at all costs.
While it is nice to imagine a world that is “more open and connected” on one big happy planet, the realities of human nature are that we tend to surround ourselves with like-minded people and groups who share our values. Online that means choosing who we decide to “friend” and “follow.” Offline that means choosing who we want to interact with.
While the western world does share some common and united values, every nation state has a unique culture and set of sovereign governing laws that make them special. Pretending that these dichotomies do not exist is ignorant, dangerous, and irresponsible. When nation states have their sovereignty, independence, and individuality: their people thrive and win. We can not stand by and pretend that globalization has or ever will continue to benefit anyone other than the global elite and special interest groups. Morally superior idealism in the face of harsh truth does not solve the problems that globalization has created, indeed it only fuels the populist movement.
Gab stands for bringing folks together of all races, religions, and creeds who share in the common ideals of Western values, individual liberty, and the free exchange and flow of information. The rise of civic nationalism, populism, and patriotism around the world is in response to the failed policies of the globalist agenda. The working class of the modern world has been left behind in exchange for profits of the corporate oligopoly. The People have been left to squander in the false promises of multi-cultural clashes of values, core beliefs, and rule of law.
This is a time when patriots around the globe are rising to defend the liberty, freedom, and values that they cherish. We may not have the billions of dollars and thousands of employees to create the platform we want today, but together we can all start working on the long term for the future. The most important thing we at Gab can do is develop the tools and technology to give people the power to build a free and sovereign community committed to liberty and truth.
For the past six months, Gab has focused on promoting free expression and exposing the corruption, censorship, and monopoly of Silicon Valley giants. With that foundation, our next focus will be developing the technical infrastructure for promoting people first, protecting free flowing information, and empowering individual responsibility.
On this journey we are asking ourselves some important questions in what is undoubtably the most crucial time for free speech in history.
- How do we help people build supportive communities that strengthen alternative and new institutions in a world where old institutions are attempting to push radical one-sided agendas?
- How do we help people build an informed community in a world where journalists and traditional institutions have transformed into political activists with clear and biased agendas?
- How do we help people build a free community that defends the right to free speech, expression, and flow of information?
Here at Gab, it is our mission to empower individuals with the tools they need to create and shape their own experience, as we believe human beings are born of reason, a free mind and of sound cognition. We refuse to infantilize our users and treat them as juveniles like other social networking sites do. Some of our tools include the ability to mute words, phrases, hashtags, and other users they might perceive as undesirable.
Individual responsibility, transparency, and the free flow of information will allow humanity to prosper and grow. History has had many moments like today. The global elite know that their control on the world is slipping from their grasp as the people continue to rise up in the name of truth, justice, and liberty.
In total, there are no more than a handful of companies in one of the most progressively biased cities in America owning, controlling, and influencing what billions of people see, talk about, and communicate with. Their monopoly and sheer power over communication, information, news, and personal data is unlike anything in history; and their bias and agenda could not be more unified or clear.
It is not too late to fight back. The People have awoken from their slumber and are rising up to fight the political bias of Silicon Valley companies and the mainstream media elite. For the first time, we are witnessing a global harmonious fusion of labor and technology where the desire to spread the truth is emphasized greatly on a deeply philosophical and intellectual level. Tens of thousands of everyday patriots are taking a stand and giving their precious time in this great human experiment. Going up against all odds from establishment institutions, they are prevailing in making their voices heard.
We refuse to let the global elite force their agenda in our faces without a fight. We refuse to pander to morally superior billionaires who think they know best. We refuse to silence the silent majority in their rise against the globalist cabal of tyranny.
Gab will stand by and for the people.
Gab will be powered and built by the people.
We will not stand by and continue to ignore the following:
- ”Fact-checkers” employed by Facebook are one-sided.
- George Soros, far-left billionaire activist, is funding Facebook’s “third-party” fact-checkers.
- Facebook is changing their News Feed product to fight “fake news.”
- Facebook is changing their Trending Topics product to fight “fake news.”
- Reddit overhauls voting algorithm to “thwart cheaters.”
- Former Facebook workers “repeatedly suppressed conservative news.”
- Google bans 200 unnamed publishers since it passed a new policy against “fake news.”
- Reddit CEO Announces Crackdown On Reddit’s Trump-Supporting Subreddit
- Facebook and Google’s “Fake News” crackdown expands to Canada
- Reddit is introducing a new blocking tool to minimize online harassment and fight “fake news.”
- Facebook introduces new universal signals to determine “whether a post might be authentic.”
- Reddit CEO Admits To Editing Posts Made By Trump Supporters
- Facebook rolls out “fake news filter” in Germany.
- Twitter to announce changes to “fight harassment.”
- Twitter suspends “alt-right” accounts.
It is an honor to stand and fight back with you, The People. Together, we will make history and show the world that it is possible for alternative technology platforms to rise and thrive.