Happy Birthday, Gab: Announcing Our Plans For A STO🐸🎂
One year ago on August 15th, 2016 we launched Gab to the world with a simple mission: to defend the freedom of speech for everyone and put people first.
Looking back at the last year it’s incredible what we have been able to accomplish together. From an exclusive invite-only beta test grew a flourishing community of 215,000+ contrarians, patriots, and folks from all walks of life from around the world.
We bypassed the typical “startup path” of bending the knee to special interests and venture capitalists to raise the capital needed to thrive and grow. From day one we’ve been powered by The People.
In October of 2016 we opened up donations and went on to raise over $150,000 from our community. In March of 2017 we launched GabPro, a premium version of Gab which now has over 2500 subscribers. Finally in July of 2017 we opened up our very first fundraising round to our community.
We’ve fought back against dozens of dishonest, disgusting mainstream media outlets who sought to character assassinate us and disparage our vision. We exposed their double standards and fought through the noise to make our message very clear: Gab stands for free speech and welcomes everyone to speak freely.
In May we left private beta testing and opened Gab to all. From a technology standpoint, what we’ve built with only two engineers in one year is phenomenal.
- Quote replies allow Gabbers to respond with GIF’s, links, and images.
- A new profile design to discover and explore.
- Private Chat Rooms for up to 50 people.
- GabTV- our live streaming video and audio product.
- Live Topic categories with breaking news and conversation starter topics.
- Create user lists of your favorite Gabbers.
- Bookmark your favorite Gabs to save for later.
- Gab’s Android app is in the Google Play Store.
- A thriving, growing community and customer base.
These are only a few of the amazing features we’ve been able to build with the help and feedback of our community. This would not be possible without your help. We are humbled and honored to be on this journey with you. We are working hard to build an alternative technology platform that defends the freedoms we all cherish. The Alternative Technology Revolution is here to stay and this past year was only the very beginning.
Announcing The Gab’s place for an STO (Security Token Offering)
“Don’t trust the man or the marketing: trust the math.”
Mark Zuckerberg: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask.
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend’s Name]: What? How’d you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don’t know why.
Zuck: They “trust me”
Zuck: Dumb fucks
As more of us continue to gain access to the internet, communication and information tools will become a vital and important part of our way of life. The problem right now is that these tools are owned, controlled, and operated by no more than a handful of individuals from a few establishment companies in Silicon Valley. If left unchecked, these centralized platforms will continue their dominance and control the means of all information, personal data, and communication on the internet. These corporations and the individuals leading them have proven time and time again that they can not and should not be trusted. Here are just a few of many examples:
- ”Fact-checkers” employed by Facebook are one-sided.
- Facebook sorry — almost — for secret psychological experiment on users.
- George Soros, far-left billionaire activist, is funding Facebook’s “third-party” fact-checkers.
- Facebook is changing their News Feed product to fight “fake news.”
- Facebook is changing their Trending Topics product to fight “fake news.”
- Reddit overhauls voting algorithm to “thwart cheaters.”
- Former Facebook workers “repeatedly suppressed conservative news.”
- Google bans 200 unnamed publishers since it passed a new policy against “fake news.”
- Reddit CEO Announces Crackdown On Reddit’s Trump-Supporting Subreddit
- Facebook and Google’s “Fake News” crackdown expands to Canada
- Reddit is introducing a new blocking tool to minimise online harassment and fight “fake news.”
- Facebook introduces new universal signals to determine “whether a post might be authentic.”
- Reddit CEO Admits To Editing Posts Made By Trump Supporters
- Facebook rolls out “fake news filter” in Germany.
- Twitter to announce changes to “fight harassment.”
- Twitter suspends “alt-right” accounts.
Our Vision: A Censorship-Proof Platform
Gab wants to lead the creation of the next level of the Internet. If Web 2.0 was about centralized, social, and mobile networks: Web 3.0 will be a decentralized, blockchain-based, radically transparent, people-powered Internet infrastructure.
Gab stands for bringing folks together of all races, religions, and creeds who share in the common ideals of Western values, individual liberty, and the free exchange and flow of information. The rise of nationalism, populism, and patriotism around the world is in response to the failed policies of the globalist agenda. The working class of the modern world has been left behind in exchange for profits of the corporate oligopoly. The People have been left to squander in the false promises of multi-cultural clashes of values, core beliefs, and rule of law.
This is a time when patriots around the globe are rising to defend the liberty, freedom, and values that they cherish. We may not have the billions of dollars and thousands of employees to create the platform we want today, but together we can all start working on the long term for the future. The most important thing we at Gab can do is develop the tools and technology to give people the power to build a free and sovereign community committed to liberty and truth.
Individual responsibility, transparency, and the free flow of information will allow humanity to prosper and grow. History has had many moments like today. The global elite know that their control on the world is slipping from their grasp as the people continue to rise up in the name of truth, justice, and liberty.
It is not too late to fight back. The People have awoken from their slumber and are rising up to fight the political bias of Silicon Valley companies and the mainstream media elite. For the first time, we are witnessing a global harmonious fusion of labor and technology where the desire to spread the truth is emphasized greatly on a deeply philosophical and intellectual level. Tens of thousands of everyday patriots are taking a stand and giving their precious time in this great human experiment. Going up against all odds from establishment institutions, they are prevailing in making their voices heard.
We refuse to let the global elite force their agenda in our faces without a fight. We refuse to pander to morally superior billionaires who think they know best. We refuse to silence the silent majority in their rise against the globalist cabal of tyranny.
Gab will stand by and for the people.
Gab will be powered and built by the people.
Gab’s longterm vision is eliminate all forms of special interests and centralized control, including ourselves.
We will not bow down to venture capitalists.
We will not bow down to advertisers.
We will not bow down to Silicon Valley or Wall Street billionaires.
This is the beginning of a new internet: where the people shape, drive, and power the outcomes of the future. What we need are a passionate group of people who see what is happening in the technology industry and want to do something about it.