Life changes on a dime. You could finish up with work, step out on the crosswalk to get to your car, and be killed by a driver running a red. No warning and your life is now over.


While that is definitely an extreme case, it’s also one that happens on a daily basis. At most, 1% of the population knows when they’re going to die (may it be cancer, famine, suicide, etc.) Which means the other 99% won’t see it coming until it’s too late. Death comes to us all, but rarely ever is it announced ahead of time.


Which brings me to my point: When was the last time you took a breath and were grateful for it? When was the last time you fully appreciated that you still have some time left? And, more importantly, when was the last time you told someone else that you were grateful for them being alive?


We all take our existence for granted until it’s no longer an option. So, why not take this moment and tell those you care about that you love them and you’re happy they’re still around. Why not seize this particular moment, take a deep breath, and give thanks for having that luxury.


Your time here is shorter than you realize. So make the most for the days you have and be grateful.

Like what you read? Give Jeremy Ghea a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.