Job Description — Communications Strategist
Giant Spoon is a marketing innovation consultancy that thinks in culture and marketing platforms, not media plans. Media no longer has any boundaries; it is simply any connection between a consumer and a brand. With an Idea-Centric approach to marketing, the idea — amplified through cultural trends, content partnerships, emerging technology, and media channels — is the strategy. It drives the campaign and inspires custom experiences.
WHO WE WANT
Entrepreneurs. Dreamers. Thinkers. Challengers. Doers. Creators. Builders. Innovators. Disruptors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas is essential. Our product is people and we want our clients to demand that Giant Spoon employees are in every key marketing meeting. We make ourselves essential through deep knowledge of the consumer, technology, and culture.
This candidate will be responsible for advising as well as formulating strategies in order to help launch our clients’ products and services, while also collaborating with our clients’ advertising, public relations, and product teams.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Communications Strategist who will be responsible for delivering key insights that provide rigor and structure to communication plans. We are looking for individuals who see platforms as vehicles to tell brand stories. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects, clients, and new business prospects to give ideas an extra dimension. The position will be responsible for not only translating marketing objectives into campaign strategies, but will also be tasked with proficiently managing campaigns throughout all phases of the project — from consumer and media understanding to idea development and execution. Ultimately, this role drives innovation at the campaign level, and provides guidance to media planning and creative.
- Bring comms planning alive and show clients how media and emerging technology platforms can be used creatively to integrate a brand into culture
- Challenge and inspire teams to think differently about media channels and platforms
- Perform targeting exercises and develop deep human insights to inform ways in which creative and media can connect with audiences
- Support team in understanding how audiences connect with brands through media and technology and how the proper partner, content, and sequencing can tell a holistic story
- Provide thought leadership in the following areas: consumer behavior, creative media engagements, emerging media, accountability and measurement
- Bring forward opportunistic ideas proactively to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop-culture and current events in real-time
- Help create and present ‘intelligence’ reports in audiences and the latest trends such as connected TVs, social media, startups, emerging technology, cause marketing, pop culture, retail shopping, connected devices, internet of things, wearables, content, etc.
- Go above and beyond simply making recommendations. The candidate’s duties will be taken to the next level to play an active role in the implementation and management of our idea-centric strategy.
- Minimum 3–5 years comms planning experience with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience working on large brands, experiential programs, and content creation is preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of all channel disciplines, including Media, Shopper/Promotional, PR, Social, Experiential, Multicultural, etc
- Wealth of understanding to learn more of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Proficient with media planning tools (MRI, Social Listening, comScore)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
- Digitally connected and curious
Please send a cover letter and resume to Hello@GiantSpoon.com.