Job Description — Social Media Strategist
Giant Spoon is a marketing innovation consultancy that thinks in culture and marketing platforms, not media plans. Media no longer has any boundaries; it is simply any connection between a consumer and a brand. With an Idea-Centric approach to marketing, the idea — amplified through cultural trends, content partnerships, emerging technology, and media channels — is the strategy. It drives the campaign and inspires custom experiences.
WHO WE WANT
Entrepreneurs. Dreamers. Thinkers. Challengers. Doers. Creators. Builders. Innovators. Disruptors.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate intelligence and ideas is essential. Our product is people and we want our clients to demand that Giant Spoon employees are in every key marketing meeting. We make ourselves essential through deep knowledge of the consumer, technology, and culture.
This candidate will be responsible for advising as well as formulating strategies in order to help launch our clients’ products and services, while also collaborating with our clients’ advertising, public relations, and product teams.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Social Media Strategist to lead social strategy for several clients. The role will advise our clients on overall social approach and behavior while also developing and executing innovative campaigns. We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive and are excited to work in a fast paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively lead multiple projects and will be responsible for not only translating marketing objectives into broad social campaign and overall brand strategies, but also be tasked with proficiently managing campaigns throughout all phases of the project — from consumer understanding to idea development and execution. While working within the social media discipline, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g., brand planning, media planning, creative, etc.).
- Develop best practices to advise and educate clients on how to behave as a brand in social spaces
- Deploy social media programs and technology to create innovative campaigns in support of product, brand and marketing initiatives.
- Develop strategic platforms and ideas to articulate content priorities, role of channels, tone of voice, content, and overall social architecture
- Recommend tent pole cultural moments for brands to engage in
- Set targets and timelines for social media programs and key initiatives
- Craft measurement plan that incorporates goals and KPIs across paid, owned and earned
- Stay up-to-date on social media tools, platforms, and industry trends
- 3–8 years social marketing experience with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Understanding of SEO and SEM
- Expert knowledge around paid social media, key platforms, and blogger engagement
- Experience working on apparel brands, experiential programs, and content creation is preferred
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Open to travel as necessary
- Digitally connected and curious
Send cover note and resume to Hello@GiantSpoon.com to apply.