Dear GMG Family,
As we all try to navigate these unpredictable times, I wanted to personally reach out to you about the actions we are taking at Girls Make Games to support our amazing girls and their families, as well as GMG’s dedicated partners, employees and community at large.
Please know our priorities are twofold:
- to keep our community healthy, and do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19,
- to help parents, guardians and educators during this time of disruption and continue to bring quality education and empowerment to girls worldwide.
Following school closures and work from home procedures globally, we realize that families may be struggling to bring a sense of normalcy in this uncertain time, as well as bring structure and engagement in their children’s daily routine.
We are here to help — we have gathered a variety of resources available for FREE:
- Girls Make Games Portal — The portal has tutorials, inspiring videos, resources for college applications, scholarships, games internships and more — all in one place.
- Printable GMG Game Dev 101 booklet — a short guide to get you jump started on the journey of video game development
Further Resources & Activities:
- Games 4 Change Student Challenge — National game design program that combines students’ passion for games with digital learning and civic engagement.
- Khan Academy student schedules for school closures
- Free Scholastic online lessons
- 450 Ivy League courses you can take online right now for free
- MIT OpenCourseWare
With GMG summer camps coming up, our team is closely monitoring any news following COVID-19, and while there is no outstanding decision to cancel summer camps, we are working on developing distance learning options, including virtual/online workshops, live-streams, seminars, and summer camps this year.
We understand this is a time of uncertainty, and would like to extend our summer camp refund policy for further flexibility offering 100% refunds through June 30, 2020.
Teachers, guardians, and community organizers looking to supplement their kids’ education online, we are happy to provide free training sessions to help you make the most of GMG’s Portal. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, or to me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hearts go out to all the impacted families worldwide. GMG is a community linked by shared ideas, love of games, education, and a strong belief in the power of people helping each other. Even in a time of social distancing, no amount of physical separation can break us apart. We are in this together, and together we will surmount this challenge to move on to a better, brighter future.
Stay Safe, Stay Kind,
Founder & CEO, Girls Make Games