Learnings from CeBIT Australia 2017
- QAs are now being embedded in the team to avoid passing on the problem to another.
- Customer is still the core of every businesses. Technology is just the enabler.
- Diversity, not only in gender but also in age and culture, is needed in tech development as it provides different perspectives and ways of solving a problem.
- C++ and Python for scripting were used to create a robot.
- Brain waves are being used to direct a wheelchair which has monitors and sensors.
- “Salesforce Effectiveness” is actually a project implemented that aims to enable the correct usage of Salesforce.
- “When you do something interesting, interesting things happen.”
- Gantt Charts can be used to model customer behaviours which can then help in forecasting.
- Unstructured environment helps in learning.
- Passion drives success.
- Live and breathe innovation.
- Business: Focus on the Demand.
- “Get people out of their comfort zone which will build their resilience.”
- “War for talent is the biggest issue.”
- Instead of asking kids to do a presentation, ask them to do an animation.
- How to convince a kid to code? Young people solve young people’s problems by designing an app.
- Kids become more confident when adults take them seriously.
- “It’s about your problem solving skills.”
- CS + X = The enablement of X through use of Computer Science
- Key skills: Non-routine Problem Solving, Systems Thinking (ability to recognise components)
- Franchises have higher success rates.
- Pyrmont Ultimo is considered as the Silicon Valley of Australia
- “Fail fast and get over it.”
- Tap into your Passions:
a. Find your X
b. What are the problems in X?
c. Create solutions for those problems