First of all, a couple of words about my stuff. What I have at the moment (sorry for poor quality of the photo, it was made with my iPhone 5s):
- Tripod Velbon CX 540, not very steady, but cheap and 100% suitable for home usage;
- Monopod Manfrotto 679B, without any heads, just to reduce wobbling while shooting in twilight;
- Akai MPK mini. Seems like it absolutely doesn’t fit here, but i want to use it’s knobs in Lightroom/Photoshop to adjust brightness, contrast, etc. Haven’t tried it yet, hope it won’t be too tough;
- Two DSLRs: my old Canon EOS 500d and my wife’s Canon EOS 650d. New one has better matrix with less noise and I use it all the time, so I will maybe turn my old one into IR camera someday;
- Remote controller Aputure AP-TR1C which allows shooting without touching the camera, mounted to tripod (very useful in darkness). Also it has configurable timer and could be used to shoot time-lapse series. I also have an IR controller, cannot find it at the moment;
- Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet (CTL-470). Haven’t used it yet (it’s also wife’s one), but it could be useful during work with brushes and masks in Lightroom/Photoshop.
- My old MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011);
- Helios-44–2, 58mm f/2.0 (with adapter ring for Canon). My first lens ever, fully manual, cheap and with nice bokeh;
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II;
- Canon EF 70–200 f/4.0L and polarising filter for it;
- Canon EF 17–40 f/4.0L and polarising filter for it;
- Samyang mirror lens, 500 mm f/6.3;
- Two flashes Wansen Speedlite WS560, cheap and simple, ideal for home studio.
What else in plans?
- Sync cable for flash. Now i have to use built-in flash as trigger to remote flashes;
- Lightbox — maybe I will make it by myself;
- Reflector, cause I’m tided of using white paper sheets;
- Large monitor for comfortable photo editing.
Originally published on Wordpress