Happy Thanksgiving !!
Deb, Chazzy, Swab and myself would like to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. It is one of those times of year to reflect on the things that we have in our lives for which we are grateful.
Like many people, I find myself getting comfortable with all the things that I have and at times take them for granted. We spent some time at our family Thanksgiving dinner to talk as a family about the things that we love and make us thankful. Below is just a short list or many more things. Even when things are going wrong, there are still many more things that we have to be thankful for than the other way around. We have vowed to make that more of a focus in the upcoming years personally.
- Our health, while we are getting older and things don’t always work as we hope or wish they would, we frankly have our health.
- My Bride/Husband — Deb and I both are lucky to have found soulmates in one another. I hope people don’t’ read this and think that things are perfect but like most things, you get out what you put in. We have always invested in our relationship and one another and because of that, our relationship is stronger and better today than it was when we just met. 25 years later, I still see Debbie as “my bride” and am smitten with her.
- Since I am writing this post, I feel comfortable assuming she also still thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread, handsome, funny and an all-around great catch. wink.
- This year saw a change for Deb and I and the grandsquids. The return of our daughter. I won’t go into a ton of details here, but it has been great to see the daughter we remember, know and love making her appearance again :)
- Gainful employment with a company where I love to work. I enjoy and have a passion for what I do, and they treat me well, and in return, I give more than 100%. This is a win-win, and I am grateful for such a flexible, supportive employer who doesn’t mind my location or lifestyle choice on the water as long as I get my work done at or above the quality they would expect.
- It may seem like a strange one, but Social media. It is fun to bag on everyone looking at their phones and the shallow level of relationship from social media, however, it has also allowed me to connect with old and make new friends that never would have been possible without it.
- For DreamChaser — This is a quote from the 3-year-old who said she was thankful for DreamChaser and couldn’t wait to get it back, so she had her room (She has been sharing a stateroom while the boat is getting a refit.
- The love of extended family. This year was hard with losing both of Deb’s parents, however with the love and support from her brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my side of the family Mom, Sister, brother, and their families, it has shown the value and love of the extended family.
- The list goes on and on, but I thought I would share a few that we talked about over our meal
Originally published at SVDreamchaser.