Every marketer or business owner wants just one thing — “more customers!” And after “more customer”, the next thing they want and crave for “more online traffic”. There are many ways you can increase traffic on your website. Here are a few ways to boost your site traffic for free.
1. Advertise:- Paid search, social media advertising and display advertising are great ways of attracting visitors, building your brand and getting your site to reach out to more people. Adjust your paid strategies to suit your goals. Decide on whether you want more traffic, or are you looking to increase conversions as well. Act accordingly! Each paid channel has its pros and cons, so think carefully about your objectives and do thorough research before you opt for it. If you want your traffic to convert into sales, you will need to target high commercial intent keywords and use them in your paid search strategies. Competition for these search terms can be neck-to-neck and also expensive, but the payoffs can be worth it. Hire a PPC expert to handle all your paid advertising media to increase traffic to your blog or website
2. Socialize:- It is not enough to produce great content and hope, wait and pray that the people will find it. You must keep a proactive approach. The best way to increase traffic to your website is to use social media channels to promote your content. Twitter is suitable for short, snappy links. Google+ promotion can help your site appear in personalized search results, and it is more effective in B2B niches. For B2C product companies, image-heavy social sites like Pinterest and Instagram, are of great help.
3. Mix It Up:- There is no magic formula for gaining success via your content marketing strategies. Hence, keep changing the length and format of your content to make it as appealing as possible to different kinds of readers. Publish news-based blog posts with long-form content as well as video, infographics and data-driven pieces to achieve maximum impact.
4. Striking Headlines:- Headlines are one of the essential parts of your content. Having a compelling headline to your content is a must! You have to master the art of writing headlines. For example, the writers at BuzzFeed and Upworthy write twenty different headlines before they decide on using the one from among those twenty that is most likely to drive the most traffic.
5. On-Page SEO:- Optimizing your content for search engines is a critical practice to gain traffic. You have to make the most of image alt text. You need to create internal links to new content and use meta descriptions. On-page SEO helps boost your organic traffic. One can hire SEO expert for both On-Page & Off-Page SEO.
6. Use and target long-tail keywords:- You need to get your high-intent keyword and popular keyword bases covered. And then, you need to target long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords account for a majority of web searches. If you miss out on targeting long-tail keywords as part of your paid search or SEO efforts, you are undergoing a considerable loss!
7. Guest Blogging:- Securing a guest post on a reputable site can increase blog traffic to your website. Standards for guest blogging have changed and transformed radically during the past decade. Spammy tactics could cost you strict penalties. Hence, you need to be cautious.
8. Invite Guest Bloggers on Your Site:- Guest blogging is a two-way street. Besides posting content to other blogs, you need to invite people in your niche to blog on your site as well. They will share and link to their guest article, and this would help bring new readers to your website. Make sure only to post high-quality, original content without spammy links
9. LinkedIn:- LinkedIn is much more than just a means to find another job. The world’s largest professional social network is now a valuable publishing platform in its own right. Hence, which means you must be posting content to LinkedIn regularly, without fail. It will boost traffic to your site, and also increase your profile within your industry
10. Schema Microdata:- Implementing schema will necessarily increase traffic to your website on its own. It will make it easier for search engine bots to find and index your pages. When you use schema for SEO, it can result in better rich site snippets, which improves click-through rates.
11. Internal-linking:- The strength of your link profile determined by how many sites link back to you. Your internal linking has a lot of influence on your link profile. While you create and publish content, you must keep an eye out for opportunities for internal links. It helps with SEO, and also results in a better, more useful experience for the user
12. Never neglect Email marketing:- Several businesses focus on bringing new customers through content marketing. But while doing so, they tend to forget about the traditional methods completely. Email marketing is a powerful marketing tool. Even a moderately successful email blast can result in a significant hike in traffic. Be careful not to bombard people with relentless emails about every single update in your business. Also, never ignore the power of word-of-mouth marketing, especially from people who are already enjoying your products or services. A friendly email reminder about a new service or product can help you boost your traffic.
13. Responsive Site:- Today, almost everybody is using mobile devices to access the web. Hence, if you force your visitors to pinch and scroll their way around your site, you are telling them to go elsewhere. You have to make your website accessible and comfortably viewable across a range of devices, including smaller smartphones and tablets.
14. Fast Load Speed:- If your site takes forever to load, your bounce rate will increase immensely. You have to technically optimize your pages, including image file sizes, page structure and the functionality of third-party plugins. The lesser time your site takes to load, the lower your bounce rates get.
15. Community:- People love to speak their minds. They like to put in opinions and ideas on subjects about which they feel passionate. Hence, you can build a community into your site. It will be a great way to start a conversation and increase traffic to your website. Add a robust commenting system through third-party solutions or create a dedicated forum where visitors can ask questions.
16. Study your Analytics Data:- Google Analytics is an invaluable source of data. It helps you monitor data from your most popular pages to visitor demographics. Track your Analytics data closely. Use this information to decide on your marketing and content strategies. Pay attention to what posts and pages are becoming the most popular. Study visitor data to see how, where and when your site traffic is generating.
17. Active Social Media participation:- Just sharing content through social channels is not enough. You must actively participate in the community, too. Join in group discussions with relevant hashtags. Answer questions and engage with your readers. Use social media to interact with your audience. If you do not have ample amount of time for social media accounts handling, hire social media manager to handle all your accounts for increased social media presence.
18. Include videos into your content strategy:- Text-based content is fine. But a video can offer valuable support in attracting new visitors and making your site more engaging. Data shows that information retention is higher for visual material than it is for text. Hence, video marketing is an excellent way to grab the attention of your audience. All of it will only increase your possibilities to boost traffic to your website.
19. Study the competition:- If you have not yet used software like BuzzSumo to check out what your competitors are up to, you must start doing it right away. These services sum up the social performance of specific sites and content, giving you an at-a-glance view of what topics are resonating with readers. Make sure to find out what people are reading and try creating that kind of content to bring traffic to your website.
20. Host Webinars and attend Conferences:- Webinars are an excellent way to impart your wisdom and knowledge to your audience. Combined with an effective social promotion campaign, webinars are a great way to boost website traffic. You can send out an email a week before the webinar. Make sure to archive the presentation for later, and promote your webinars widely through social media. Whatever industry you may be in, at least one or two significant conferences, relevant to your business, are likely to occur. Attending these events and presenting a speech is an excellent idea. It is a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and gain significant exposure for your site.