The President of the United Nations General Assembly invites you to share your thoughts on global issues
Engaging global voices in conversations that shape our world at the highest levels of the United Nations and political decision-making.
We believe that no matter where you are in the world, your voice and actions, are critical to political decision making and helping achieve a peaceful and just world.
In an effort to make the United Nations more accessible to global voices and to create a space to bring global voices to decision-markers, the Office of the President of the United Nations General Assembly is partnering with the Humanity Lab Foundation (and Global People’s Summit) to launch a series of interactive online conversations with María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés, President of the UN General Assembly (President Espinosa).
These online discussions will happen along side high-level events hosted by President Espinosa on key global issues leading up to the United Nations General Assembly in September 2019. To date, these high-level events have not been open to the general public online — until now.
These online discussions will provide an opportunity for people around the world to engage directly with President Espinosa with the hope of making the inner workings of the United Nations General Assembly and its various political processes more accessible for all.
Around high-level events taking place at the United Nations, people around the world are invited to submit questions directly to President Espinosa on issues including climate change, youth, migration, peace and security and more!
- To engage people around the world on issues of relevance to them, and their communities.
- To connect voices from around the world with world leaders
- To create a global community around the Sustainable Development Agenda
- Make the UN and high-level deliberations relevant to global constituents.
- Provide people interested in the UN and global development an opportunity to join high-level events at the UN virtually and engage with one of the most influential players at the UN.
- Show the UN and Office of the President of the General Assembly as accessible, transparent and inclusive.
Stay tuned and follow the Humanity Lab (Facebook & Twitter), Global People’s Summit (Facebook & Twitter & Instagram), Office of the President of the UN General Assembly (Twitter & Instagram @UNPGA ) to learn more.
We look forward to hearing from you!