The writer of this article, obviously, don’t understand what he is on about.
Ironman is succesful because of the following:
- It has a succesful and well established comic book franchise which the producers and writers tapped for ideas.
- People who are involved on the project know the franchise and understand the fan base.
- At most, Ironman remained faithful and respected the source material.
Ghostbusters fail because
- The people behind GB ignored the already huge and established universe of the GB and wanted to reinvent their own brand.
- People involved in GB obviously has little appreciation of the original source material and had repeatedly insulted its fanbase.
- GB producer disrespected the franchise by using it as platform for their politically corrected social science experiment and completely invalidates the existence of the original lore.