Does an Aisle leading to an egress path need emergency lighting?
Yes, all components of the Path of Egress Travel shall have Emergency Illumination.
IBC 2015 Section 1006.3 Illumination emergency power.
The power supply for means of egress illumination shall normally be provided by the premises’ electrical supply.
In the event of power supply failure, an emergency electrical system shall automatically illuminate all of the following areas:
1. Aisles and unenclosed egress stairways in rooms and spaces that require two or more means of egress.
2. Corridors, exit enclosures and exit passageways in buildings required to have two or more exits.
3. Exterior egress components at other than their levels of exit discharge until exit discharge is accomplished for buildings required to have two or more exits.
4. Interior exit discharge elements, as permitted in Section 1027.1, in buildings required to have two or more exits.
5. Exterior landings as required by Section 1008.1.6 for exit discharge doorways in buildings required to have two or more exits.