Established in 2015, the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund is managed by Gobi Partners China in Hong Kong, and was founded with the mandate to support entrepreneurs with investment capital and strategic guidance to help them grow their businesses and penetrate global markets by utilizing Alibaba’s vast ecosystem.
The Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund discovers startups with high-growth potential through the JUMPSTARTER pitching competition, a platform that allows investors and entrepreneurs to come together to find more synergy in our thriving startup ecosystem.
JUMPSTARTER 2020 will be hosting its semi-pitch competitions in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, London, Toronto, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Aside from winning an opportunity to meet with renowned investors, the top five teams will receive up to US$5 million in investment, and a US$100,000 cash prize.
To apply, your startup only needs to meet the following requirements:
- Operating for less than five years
- Raised less than US$20 million in funding to date
- Funding currently between Seed and Series C stages
- Have an innovative product or service
- Desire to make Hong Kong part of your future plans
Deadline for upcoming semi-pitches are as follows:
- London — August 26, 2019
- San Francisco Bay Area — September 10, 2019
- Toronto — September 18, 2019
- Hong Kong — October 2, 2019
- Beijing — October 22, 2019
- Shanghai — October 28, 2019
Apply now at https://www.jumpstarter.hk/en/