Choose to be Happy: 3 Strategies to Increase Your Wellbeing
Research shows that pursuing happiness leads not only to happiness, but also to success. In fact, cultivating a positive mindset can boost well-being and improve creativity. It turns out that people who cultivate a positive mind-set perform better in the face of challenges. (HappinessAdvantage)
The Three “Cs” of Happiness
Choose to be Happy An obviously easy step is you can make a conscious choice to boost your happiness.
Choose to make happiness a top goal. On the whole, many people don’t realize that happiness is a choice. By and large, happiness depends on how we manage our emotions. All things considered, once you decide to be happier, you can choose ways to achieve the state of happiness.
Counteract Negativity Bad things happen to us every day, some worse than others. In the final analysis, everyone has a choice regarding how to react to negative stimuli. First, you can let the stimuli keep you down, or you can keep on moving forward. Overall, we choose our mood, and we choose our level of happiness. In the moment, whether we are in a bad mood, or a good mood, we made that decision. As a result, when we deliberately decide to be happy, it results in a positive outcome.
An astounding truth that will help you immensely in ridding yourself of negative thoughts is: negatives only have power over you if you react to them.
Cultivate Creativity One of the biggest myths about creativity is that it’s bestowed on a lucky few. Accordingly, everyone thinks the rest of us don’t have a creative bone in our bodies.
To begin with, most people see creativity as a luxury. On the other hand, if you reposition creativity into a place of source, like breathing, it becomes that automatic. In particular, relaxing helps your creative juices flow.
3 Easy Happiness Strategies
1. What to do. Have some free time? To begin with, make it easy for yourself: Start with doing the first thing you think of. Then, make an “I want” list instead of a “to do” list. In the meantime, focus on what makes you feel accomplished. Finally, make your tasks manageable; do whichever is first.
2. What to eat. First, make a list of easy-to-prepare meals. Second, keep snacks in individually-sized portions.
3. What to stress over Nothing! In particular, breathe in, and as you breathe out, visualize breathing out any worry. Most compelling, continue your day.
9 Happiness Provoking Activities
· Acknowledge what’s good about your life right now.
· Believe in yourself.
· Decide to enjoy the moment.
· Don’t expect perfection.
· Eat something delicious every day.
· Find an exercise you enjoy, and do it.
· Only buy things that give you joy
· Pay something forward.
· Throw away something that’s useless.
Calm Your Mind; Power Up Your Life
My name is Jacqueline Gikow. Every week I publish an article about health (getting active and fit), or wellness (enriching your life). I believe I can point you in the right direction. Contact me for information, or with questions at Audacious-Aging.NYC®