Mobile is eating the world¹. Mobile web browsing has overtaken desktop. Google has said it is now bigger on mobile than on desktop in 10 countries. More than half of Facebook users now connect to the site with just a mobile phone. Mobile has become the primary device for the masses. On the other hand, mobile platforms are massively underserved by current blockchain solutions². To take blockchain to the masses, we have developed a master plan.
In short, the master plan is:
1. Build a highly scalable, low-cost, low-latency mobile first network infrastructure for Ethereum. Our infrastructure will achieve this by creating a network for off-chain transactions.
2. Evangelize our platform worldwide and look at potential partnerships with governments and organizations interested in applying blockchain to various parts of their infrastructure.
3. Bring cryptocurrency to the masses.
GoNetworks belief centres on the idea that mass adoption of cryptocurrencies hinges on mobile accessibility and interoperability. GoNetwork aims to build a high-throughput, low-cost, low-latency network for mobile off-chain transactions. This will expedite the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies and move consumer markets towards a digital economy.
In developing GoExchange alpha, it was clear transaction throughput and latency could not meet the microtransaction demands of our gaming platform with its 15m+ user base. We started researching scaling solutions; private chains with tuned POW difficulty, sharding³, trusted server architectures. Eventually, we came upon the amazing contributions of Lightning, Plasma and Raiden network⁴ to the subject.
“… perched on the shoulders of giants. He pointed out that we see more and farther than our predecessors, not because we have keener vision or greater height, but because we are lifted up and borne aloft on their gigantic stature.”
State Channels alongside Hashed TimeLock Contracts⁵ and Merkle Proofs underpin the crypto structures necessary to develop scalable off-chain networks. Special considerations must be taken for mobile platforms:
- Network availability and bandwidth is not nearly as ubiquitous and highly available as desktop settings.
- Users are only willing to commit a certain amount of resources in order to preserve battery life.
Our focus is to build the required networking and proof structures for mobile platforms.We will continue to grow our team and invest heavily into R&D⁶ to improve our network while always striving to contribute technology and tools to the community⁷ that can achieve strong business use cases.
For detailed information, please read our updated whitepaper: https://gonetwork.co/GoNetwork_WhitePaper.pdf