Facilities Which Should be Available in a Conference Room
A conference room is where the meetings and important decisions related to a business are taken. A good business organization will include a well-furnished and equipped conference room in the building lay out. The ones with no conference rooms of their own searches for conference rooms outside which have at least the minimum requirements that is a must as far as conference room is considered. Soundproof meeting rooms and executive board rooms are often required by businesses. Their seating arrangements, room flexibility, the audiovisual technology, furniture, high speed internet access and the non-glare lighting arrangement are also to be given attention. Basic facilities and their descriptions are being listed in detail:
- Chair: Nearly 60% of the total meeting place must be arranged with ergonomically designed seats with arms. Chairs must tilt, spin and allow height adjustment. Minimum width of 18 inches is required. Edges must be rounded and the seats and inside backs must be upholstered or made of Pellicle or similar material. Arms and outside backs must be of ABS molded plastics. IACC allows the use of any chair that meets these minimum requirements.
- Tables: Tables must be at least 24 inches wide and have non reflective and hard writing surface. Minimum length should be there to give at least 30-inch space for every person using the table. Edges must be of high pressure laminate material. Reverse T model legs are required that are permanently affixed or can be folded as required. Same as in case of chairs IACC also allows the use of any high quality tables.
- Lighting: It should be of controllable level. A standard of 50–70 foot candles on table top is set. IACC allows the use combined model of incandescent and fluorescent type of lightning. The lightning level can be measured using a light meter or manually. This is for the ease of reading without any shadow or glare on the page.
- Wall Surfaces: The wall surfaces of the conference rooms must be suitable for hanging or mounting chart type sheets. At least one wall of all dedicated conference rooms must have taping, tacking or mechanical mounting facility.
- Sound Transmission: As per the acoustical rating standard all fixed walls must exceed 55–65 Sound Transmission Class (STC) and operable walls must have 50–55 Sound Transmission Class. STC is a measure of the passage of the sound through different types of walls. Ambient sound levels of all conference rooms should range from 25–35 Background Noise Criteria (NC) or less and Reverberation Time (RT) should be between 08 and 1.2 seconds at mid-frequencies. Sound amplification must also be adequate so that all conferees can hear properly.
- Telephone and Electric Outlets: One in one electric outlet and telephone outlets must be there in all conference rooms.
- Visibility: The visibility provided in the conference rooms must be unobstructed. It is adequate to avoid pillars inside the conference rooms to avoid visibility obstruction.
Go Ubiq help you to manage your conference room like Conference Table Cable Management, Wireless Presentation Device, Audio Visual System Integration , Conference Room Technology etc. Visit “goubiq.com”..