5 Creams To Remove The Fine Lines On Your Neck
Scar removal creams, cellulite creams, wrinkle creams, sunscreens, tinted moisturizers, Vitamin C serums, sunscreens, eye creams — if the manufacturers can imagine it, they can create it and the consumers are going to scramble to the shelves to take home and stack with their roomful of stash. What’s next?
Among many, a neck cream? Yup! If you haven’t already heard, skin on your neck apparently needs a special brand of TLC too.
What is it about the neck that needs special attention?
The reasons being brought up justifying the use of a neck cream are focused on three points:
1. Skin on your neck is not structurally sound to resist the skin aging effects of years of impact, gravity and decreasing skin elasticity. That’s why aging neck skin ends up saggy.
2. There is also less skin material underneath neck skin, including less fat layer. That factors in its limited capability to rejuvenate and repair damages on the skin matrix.
3. Skin on the neck is thicker than skin on your skin. It’s harder to penetrate and to plump up. That’s why it calls for a different formulation, one that primes the skin, through exfolition, to receive treatment and one that provides it with a thicker and deeper moisturization.
There’s still much debate around whether or not a neck cream, like a StriVectin, is still necessary but, you be the best judge.
5 neck creams that can make a difference on your neck skin
1. StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, 1.7 oz. jar for $95. This cream proposes to negate the effects of gravity which causes your neck skin to sag. Made with the proprietary complex, Gravitite-CF Lifting Complez, a 12-week consumer survey has found satisfactory results, including showing that respondents claim to have experienced more youthful skin that they can see.
2. Clarins Extra Firming Neck Cream,US$84 for 2.5 oz.This product moisturizes, lifts and contours your neck skin. Its formulation is made with three botanical extracts that are known to inhibit signs of skin aging — Pueraria Lobata, Bamboo, and Centella Asiatica.
3. Dr. Brandt Time Arrest V-Zone Neck Cream, US$60 for 1.7 oz. Moisture-rich, antioxidant-rich, and also contains Phenyl Trimethicone to help rebuild your skin’s outer barriers for a triple-punch advantage against aging neck. This product contains the highly hydrating ingredients, squalene, shea butter and glycerine.
4. Neostrata triple firming neck cream, $79.99 for 2.8 fl. oz.; only US$45 from product resellers on Amazon. Made with an age-defying triple complex that consists of NeoCitriate, ProAmino Acid and NeoGlucosamine, this product works by keeping your skin deeply moisturized round-the-clock. With pro-amino acid and apple stem cell extract, it also supports faster collagen production in higher volumes and facilitates a more efficient skin cell turnover process.
5. Gold Bond Ultimate Neck and Chest Firming Cream, $9.99 for every 2 fl. oz. tube. With the gentle exfoliation acted on sin by salicylic acid, skin debris sitting on the surface of the neck is gently lifted and then eliminated. This preps your skin to better receive the renewing, rejuvenating and regenerating powers of this product’s deeply hydrating and healing ingredients.
This product uses jojoba oil for deep moisturization. It also contains aloe vera for the restructuring of the epidermis, also important for repairs warranted on the skin matrix. Combined, the beneficial ingredients of this neck cream allows moisture to be captured and absorbed better while making skin better capable of retaining moisture over prolonged periods of time.
Sometimes, gradual improvements to already damaged skin simply will not be able to provide the sufficient levels of nutrients that can reverse and correct the damage that has already been done.
Find out more about procedures that can help tuck and pull up your aged neck skin. Among the procedures you should consider are Intense Pulsed Light Laser Therapy, prescription only chemical peels, laser skin tightening, microdermabrasion and neck lift.
Skin on your face, on your neck and elsewhere on your body are all affected by skin aging. That’s why the care and effort you take has to be equitably distributed. Take note how skin on your face, neck, chest, arms and hands often give away your age. These are areas often exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays, so that other than a neck cream, your neck skin requires sunscreen too. Apply it religiously, everyday, throughout the day.