Late to the game: Thoughts on Wonder Woman
The short version; It’s great. Almost makes of up for the string of dumpster fires that have been the DC movies so far. Gal Gadot has stage presence and kicks ass.
The longer version
- The pacing and story structure issues that have plagued dc movies is absent. Everything made sense and happened at the right time
- No magic coincidences (Martha!).
- Everything was explained. No jj abrams mystery box bullshit (a story for another time or some crap like that).
- Gal gadot is lovely to look at, and fantastic to watch. Charming and emotionally relatable.
- Captain whats his name was good, but didnt steal focus.
- I fucking called the big bad when i first saw them. But nicely done.
- Not as feminist as people think. Diana sees a dudes dick for the first time and then falls world changingly in love with him. Really?
- I would want my daughter to grow up with posters of gal godot on her wall.
- The men in the movie were important, did their parts but never got in the way of dianas story.
- Not enough movies are set during ww1. Lovely outfits, tragic backgrounds and high stakes.
Forgive the typing errors. On my phone in bed.