Know About Different Types of dinnerware
In today’s demanding world where families only get to spend some quality time at the breakfast or dinner table, it is crucial that the dining experience is full of cosiness, gratification and enjoyable elements. To make this experience satisfactory, a delicious meal will do its bit but it would be incomplete without the right kind of dinnerware to hold it all, serve it to you and adorn the dining table. Thus, it is imperative to distinguish different types of dinnerware, their functionality and properties to ensure the best dining experience for you and your family.
Types of Dinnerware, Their Functionality and Attributes
1. Earthenware — It is one of the oldest and the most primitive forms of dinnerware. It is made from unrefined clay and fired at low temperatures. Terracotta serve ware is an example of earthenware, which is also considered man’s first shot at the craftsmanship. Earthenware is not expensive and apt for casual use. Also, it might look heavier, but it is lighter when held. Most of the earthenware are not dishwasher safe.
2. Stoneware — Like earthenware, stoneware is also made of clay but more refined. Other than being more refined, what gives stoneware an edge over earthenware is that it is dishwasher and microwave safe. Stoneware was widely used as dinnerware in the 1800s. It is also stronger than earthenware. Though, keep in mind that the above-stated attributes may differ from set to set.
3. Porcelain — Also called fine china, Porcelain relates to delicacy, translucency and thinness. Although, it might not look so but it is quite durable. Additionally, it is also dishwasher and microwave friendly. It works both for casual and formal uses.
4. Bone China’ — Although this is a mastered domain of China, but Bone China was first developed in England. Today, it is quite famous worldwide and offers different assortments in fancy looking dinnerware and other utensils. This is also dishwasher and microwave safe.
5. Glass — It is the most fragile and delicate of all the types of dinnerware. Yet, it is safe to use in microwave and dishwasher. Also, there is a great variety and design that this material boasts. It is an apt choice for special occasions.
6. Stainless Steel Dinnerware — Some countries might not identify with this one to a large extent, but cooking in steel ware or eating in it is quite common in a country like India. It is quite durable and sturdy. It is great for everyday use and an essential fragment of the cultures where steel is found in abundance. Today, you can buy stainless Steel Utensils Online in diverse shapes, designs, and style.
Other than these materials, dinnerware is also made of polycarbonate which is also dishwasher and microwave friendly. Most of them are unbreakable and scratch resistant too. Also, there is also some new emerging eco-friendly dinnerware like plates and bowls made of areca nut leaf. They are biodegradable, inexpensive, sturdy, lightweight and good to go with microwave and refrigerator too. So, there are myriad options available when you decide to buy dinnerware, you just need to keep in mind your requirements.