Onclickmax.com Removal Thoroughly
Onclickmax.com Redirect Virus Removal ¨C Guidance to Remove the Redirect Virus Thoroughly
Onclickmax.com is a terrible redirect virus which attacks a browser and modifies the browser settings. It modifies browser settings as soon as it gets installed onto the target computer and as a result, the browser will have to be confronted with plenty of redirection and popping up of advertisements. It is designed to generate advertisement revenue by hijacking innocent computer users to certain websites and tricking them into clicking on commercial ads and sponsored links.
It pretends to be a legitimate website which provides multiple search services,attractive products and coupons in order to entice users to visit it to increase traffic. Users might not think too much when they are required to download and install a piece of software. Commonly, users take no notice of the installations of new programs and choose the recommended installation to unwarily allow additional unwanted programs to sneak into their machines. It is risky because many freeware or shareware with no credits are the favorite carrier of malware. Such free or sharing software often contains malicious codes of malware which may bring damage to the infected computers.
Onclickmax.com redirect virus will try to download and install a number of add-ons onto the browsers, which pretend to be useful add-ons that provide convenient services. It makes people very puzzled when the net users begin to realize the existence of more and more plug-ins, bookmarks, and toolbars on the browsers. Besides, this redirect virus will add many unknown URLs to users¡¯ bookmark lists and create strange shortcuts to the desktop, in order to lure users into visiting certain websites which contain lots of advertisements. If users click on the ads and visit those unsecure websites, their personal data may be stolen.
Since the redirect virus has changed some browser settings and system settings to cause lower security levels, it is difficult for other computer infections to get into the PC and further damage the infected system. After being empowered to get into the computer, the cyber hackers firstly controls system settings and configuration to make the PC completely useless and vulnerable and then gain user’s private information for commercial usage unnoticeably. As a result, users might suffer huge losses and their personal privacy will be seriously violated. Since the browser hijacker may result in endless potentially problems, it is wise to remove Onclickmax.com as soon as possible. Here is the removal guide for this redirect virus infection.
Instructions on Deleting Onclickmax.com Redirect Virus
Step 1: Remove the redirect virus related programs.
1. Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category.
3. In the programs list find out any suspicious programs, and then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 2: Remove all unwanted extensions from the browsers.
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools, and select Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Click on Toolbars and Extensions, find out and disable the add-ons related to Onclickmax.com redirect virus.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools and choose Add-ons.
2. Click on Extensions, then select the unwanted add-ons in the list and click on Remove\Disable button.
3. Click Plugins, and remove\disable any unknown add-ons.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu icon.
2. Click the Tools in the list then select Extensions.
3. Click on Extensions, then find out the redirect virus related add-ons and delete them.
Step 3: Remove all malicious files and registry entries.
1. In the local disk C, local the following folders:
%Document and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
2. In the above folders, find out and remove any malicious files.
3. Open the registry editor by following the steps: click Start menu, type “regedit” into the search box, and click “regedit.exe” from the results list.
4. In the registry editor, find out and delete any malicious registry entries from your PC.
Once being infected by Onclickmax.com.net redirect virus, the PC users will face an extremely dangerous situation. Nowadays, PC users may be attacked by the virus trap everywhere and most of the PC users can not defend them effectively. When this redirect maintains in a computer, it consists on exploiting the bugs and vulnerabilities of the system to make them more and easier to be attack by more kinds of threats. Please don’t visit those unknown websites, especially the sits with no reputation, because it¡¯s very likely that they are filled with malware like Trojans, adware, spyware and other threats. If not, user may get infected with those viruses. In addition, update the antivirus, firewall and system patches regularly to reduce the chance of being infected with computer infections.