Unsolved Mysteries was a popular documentary style show that ran from 1987 through 2002 in its initial run on Channels NBC, CBS and Lifetime. It was hosted by Robert Stack and the series pretty much ended around the time of his illness and death. The show was brought back in 2007 on Spike and was hosted by Dennis Farina and that ended in 2010. In 2017 there was talk of reviving the series and in 2019 Netflix picked up the series for its 15th season. The Unsolved Mysteries reboot began airing on Netflix on July 1st 2020.
The new reboot of the series will have no host and is mainly done documentary style. Unsolved Mysteries documents cold cases and paranormal activity such as UFO abductions. Unlike the original series which featured multiple cases per episode, Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix will feature one case per episode. The series is scheduled to have 12 episodes and it premiered on July 1st. So far six episodes have aired.
- Episode 1 — Mystery on the Rooftop tells the story of Ray Rivera — After rushing from his home, Rey Rivera disappears. Days later, his car is found and a strange sight at a historic hotel triggers a baffling mystery.
- Episode 2–13 Minutes — Patrice Endres abruptly vanishes from the salon she owned within a 13-minute window of time. Exactly 600 days later, her case take a shocking turn
- Episode 3 — House of Terror — When an aristocrat and his entire family disappear, the authorities unearth something horrifying.
- Episode 4 — No Ride Home — Alonzo Brooks vanishes after a party. His body is found a month later. Many believe that his unsolved death is a hate crime.
- Episode 5 — Berkshires UFO — Residents of Berkshire County, Massachusetts, recall their baffling, terrifying experiences with a UFO on the night of September 1, 1969.
- Episode 6 — Missing Witness — Lena Chapin claims on tape that her mother killed her stepfather. Several years later, she’s issued a subpoena to testify in court — then disappears.
The show has already yielded tips and has even prompted the FBI to reopen the Alonzo Brooks case. Terry Dunn Meurer told USA Today on Thursday “We have received tips, we pass them on to the appropriate authorities. It’s only been 24 hours. We’re hoping there’s a lot of people who still haven’t watched and maybe this weekend they’ll sit down and binge the episodes and we’ll get more leads.”
Have you watched Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix yet? What do you think? Which episode is the most perplexing to you? Let us know in the comments below or on our twitter account.
As always stay tuned to Culture Splat for more articles on your favorite topics!
Originally published at https://culturesplat.com on July 6, 2020.