For most of us, vacation is a time to get away from it all and relax. Others among us like to take things further, looking to the great outdoors for a little adventure. Then finally, there are those who like to take the adventure of our vacations and turn it up to eleven. In a recent article, Yahoo Travel gave its list of recommended destinations for the third group, and they are not for the faint of heart.
Adventure Travel Ideas
(Photo credit vehiclepassion.com)
1. Jetpack America — Based in Newport Beach, California, Jetpack America allows travelers to strap into a 200-horsepower, water-fueled jetpack that can reach 25 feet in the air and allow speeds of up to 30mph. For $259 and under the watchful eye of a nearby instructor, vacationers can soar and dive-bomb all over Newport Bay for 25 minutes.
2. Dream Racing — Horsepower is a theme on this list. Dream Racing is a Las Vegas attraction that allows adrenaline junkie travellers get behind the wheel. Starting around $189 for a five-lap session, drivers can get strapped into a six-point seatbelt and helmet and put the pedal to the metal in specialty racing cars such as the Ferrari F430GT.
3. Dig This — Travellers with fond memories of playing with toy dump trucks and cranes as a child will love the adult version. This Las Vegas destination has turned a construction site into a playground, and for starting at $249 travels can use industrial machinery to make large holes, smash objects, or toss objects that weigh a metric ton like they were a toy.
4. Sky Combat Ace — Vegas does it again. For $599 dollars, the traveller can get the “Top Gun Experience” strapped into an acrobatic stunt plane (along with an instructor with dual controls) and perform loop-de-loops, barrel rolls and simulated dive bomb. The instructor does most of the flying but the guest controls the intensity which can bring 8Gs of pressure and quite a rush.
5. Desert Wolf Tour — This Scottsdale, Arizona destination will take you into the desert in a military style vehicle and let you hose down targets with bullets from your Glock, AR-15 assault rifle or whatever other boomstick they have on hand. You can squeeze off a long distance rifle shot at an explosive charge and then watch the fireworks. All for $199.
6. Xtreme Hummer Adventures — For only $55, a professional driver will take you on an extreme drive through the sand dunes of Pismo Beach, California. Taking it to extreme speeds and making wild jumps off of hill peaks, a traveler gets a lot of adrenaline for a small price tag.
7. Drive A Tank — The name says it all. For $399, this Kasota, Minnesota will allow travellers to pilot an actual WW2-era British tank with only a periscope to guide you. For an additional $599, travellers can use the tank to crush a car.
To read more check out the original article Yahoo Travel.