Interesting Facts about Oolong and Black Tea
The popularity of traditional tea is that is not going to go away anytime soon. This is because of the health benefits associated with it and the different types available for consumers to select from. Oolong Tea and Black Tea are ranked among the popular options and while they have distinct characteristics, they offer the same health benefits. A quantity of the things you did not know includes the following:
1. They originate from the tea plant Camellia sinensis. However, they must go through fermentation and processing and this is what determines what they become in the end.
2. The leaves must be plucked and bruised in order to ensure they are broken. This is for the purpose releasing oil and they can be processed anywhere from 10% to 70% depending in the variety.
3. They contain polyphenols which aid in weight loss. It is for this reason that they have been used for thousands of years and continue to be used in diet designs in UK. Oolong Tea and Loose Black Tea are seen as great calorie burners.
4. Oolong is grown in two main countries which include Taiwan and China. China variety is known to deliver a brand that is darker and with a higher woody taste while the Taiwanese delivers a lighter and floral taste brew.
5. Though there are several varieties to select from, each is known to offer the consumer full flavor, distinct characteristics and several health benefits. Some of these health benefits include decreasing blood pressure levels, strengthening of the immune technique, fighting of free radicals, prevention of tumour growth and fighting free radicals.
6. For these to be well prepared, it is advisable to make use of whole leaves. This is for the purpose of ensuring that it provides superior aroma and the benefits said above.
The importance of preparing this type of custom tea using whole leaves is one that cannot be excessively stressed and especially, if you intend to have a flavoursome and amazing cup.
Black Tea is allowed to oxidize in order to ripen and as such, it creates a rich, deep and robust flavor. The uniqueness of this varies in accordance to the grower’s skill and knowledge. It is for this reason that when purchasing the same, you need to think about the expertise of the grower and whether it’s all the features that make it an appealing choice.
This falls in between Black Tea and Green Tea and is also influenced by the period the leaves are left to oxidize. There’s terms used to report this and these include amber and green though amber oxidizes at a faster pace.
About Company: Grey’s Teas supplies best types of Loose Black Tea available in UK. We offer the best black tea deals around so see which tea is right for you. Orders over £30 are delivered FREE within the UK. Call us on 01564 792295.
For More Details Visit: http://www.greysteas.co.uk/