ICSE EXAM PREPARATION TIPS, EXAM PATTERN, AND RESULTS 2019.
The dates for Class 10 ICSE Examinations have finally been announced. The official dates for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE) are hosted on the CISE website: www.cisce.org
The Examination commences from 22nd of February ’19 with English Language and ends on 25th March ’19 with Biology. The start time for the ICSE Examinations is from 11 am, but Candidates are requested to reach the Examination Hall and be settled by 10:30 am. The Question papers will be handed out at 10:45 which includes the 15 minutes reading time, so that the students can start writing from 11 am.
ICSE 2019 EXAM TIMETABLE AND DATES:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. The Answer Booklet provided will have details printed. Kindly fill in the examinations by writing your Name, Subject, Paper Number, Year of Examination, Unique ID, Index Number and sign in the space provided for the specific purpose.
2. Answers are to be written on both sides of the answer booklet. Maintain a margin on both the right-hand and the left-hand edges. The answer for the next question or next part of the question is to be written on a separate line.
3. Maintain the same system of numbering as that used in the question paper and do not copy the Questions.
4. Electronic devices or Calculators used for making calculations are not allowed.
5. Write your answers with Black or Blue ball-point pen ONLY.
6. After the time for writing the Examination is over, be sure to arrange the answer scripts sequentially in order.
7. Be Punctual. A candidate who is more than half an hour late will not be permitted to sit for the examination.
8. All the rough work should be done on the same answer script.
9. Be Careful of being expelled from getting the entire ICSE Examinations cancelled. Candidates found to be guilty of unfair means of obtaining answers from fellow students, giving away answers or carrying any substances like notes, mobile phones or pocketbooks will have their examinations cancelled and will not be allowed to sit for further examinations.
10. Kindly read the information and instructions provided in the question papers and follow accordingly.
ICSE EXAM PATTERN
There are three groups in which all the subjects are divided into — Group I, II and III. The Compulsory subjects are marked as Group I, while the candidates have the liberty to make a choice between two or three subjects in Group II. Group III allows the students to answer any one of the subjects. Depending on the subject and the group, the time duration varies.
Kindly Note: The Subjects of GROUP I include English, a Second Language, History, Civics, and Geography. Candidates must NOT be ABSENT from any of the papers of Group I along with the Elective Subjects offered by them from Group II and III.
ICSE EXAM PATTERN & PREPARATION TIPS
1. English :
- More practice is to be done in the Grammar section, as the questions are simple yet tricky.
- Marks can easily be obtained in the categories where the candidate can write answers using basic logic and imagination like Comprehension, Essay writing, Letter, Notice and Email Drafting.
2. Mathematics :
- The paper is divided into two sections; Section I — which consist of compulsory short answer type questions and Section II — in which candidates are required to answer four out of seven questions.
- Memorize all the formulas and understand the concepts behind applying them.
- To solve a problem, each step is important. Do not use shortcuts or miss any steps.
3. Science :
- Chemistry: pay close attention to numerical problems & the periodic table.
- Biology: practice all diagrams and draw neat ones.
- Physics: practice and solve as many numerical problems are possible.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Cut off Marks for Passing is 33% (General, OBC, SC, ST)
2. Collect your Admit Card 15days before the examination commences. Contact your respective schools for more.
3. Without the Admit card, Candidates will not be allowed to sit for the ICSE Examinations.
4. Specimen Question Papers: http://www.cisce.org/icse_X_Specimen_Question_Papers_2019.aspx
5. Practice timely submission and completion of Model Papers.
ICSE EXAMINATION RESULTS
The ICSE 10th result will be declared in the second week of May 2019 by The Council of Indian Certificate School Examinations (CISCE). Students can check the ICSE Examination Results online.
Candidates can also check their results using the SMS facility provided by the Board. Just type ICSE <Space> <Unique Id> and send the message to the number 09248082883. You may also check it from CISE official website: http://www.cisce.org