Will blockchain bring back the rebels?
SingularDTV aims at creating a parallel world for creators by developing a set of tools that help them bypass middlemen and gatekeepers. The model has great potential, and I am looking forward to seeing how blockchain applications will shape the future of music, movies and art.
Also, some questions arise: After mass adoption to crypto, why should the audience pay for music if there are no middlemen? Does paying with cryptocurrency make a creator more trustworthy?
Do you have questions as well? SingularDTV hast started a series of events called ‘Buzz Sessions’. Vol. 2 on August 30 2018 in Zürich is about “Blockchain and the Arts” and it addresses some critical topics regarding blockchain, SingularDTV and more. Check the agenda below and grab one of the limited free tickets, first come first served. Drinks and snack included.
- Start — 6.30 PM at Supermarket Club Zurich
- Blockchain basics — 7:00 PM Qianchen Yu, Validity labs
- SingularDTV and its vision — 7:25 PM Arie Levy-Cohen, Co-Founder SingularDTV
- Beer Break — 20 minutes
- Blockchain & Artistic Practice — 8:10 PM Ozan Polat, Co-Founder Dezentrum
- Aliens & Blockchain — 8:30 PM Maurice Schutte, Producer, and writer: Space Beer
- Drinks and networking — 10:30 PM
Hope to see some of my contacts there to have a chat on this topic.
Disclaimer: Kuble is supporting this event and will be promoting it on their social channels.