Fitness Center Consultants Are The Backbone Of Your Gym
Fitness center consultants can make or break the popularity of your gym. Sure, you might have the most advanced work-out equipment, and you might have the biggest facility in town, but when it comes down to it, it’s the people who work in the gym who will keep your customers happy. Happy gym members become loyal, long-term customers, and recommend your gym to their friends.
Most people join a gym for one of two reasons:
- To use exercise equipment they don’t have at home and can’t afford, or don’t have space for.
- To take advantage of the fitness center consultants training and experience. They expect the staff to be more knowledgeable than they are.
As a gym owner, you don’t have control over the equipment a potential member is willing, or able to purchase, but you certainly have control over the type of staff you hire.
- Hire certified people who offer something unique. Every gym in town has Yoga instructors. Spice things up a bit by finding that one person in town who teaches something special.
- Seek out people who use a tried-and-true method fun and different way.
- Find fitness experts who speak to a specific niche of clients. Consider finding someone who is super knowledgeable about the training needs of people with neuromuscular disorders, or diabetes, for example.
- Good personal trainers genuinely like people, and want to motivate them to solve their personal fitness problems.
- When you’re interviewing fitness staff, look for a proven track record efforts that help to retain current members, and bring in new customers. What did they do at their previous gym? Look for people who were willing to start a new class, do something unusual, or get members’ kids involved in fitness. These people will likely do the same for you.
The bottom line is that no matter how state-of-the art your facility is, or how many “perks” you offer, exceptional fitness center consultants are the heart and soul of your gym.To find out what else you can to to maximize the happiness of current members, and bring in new members contact us.
Jim Thomas is the founder and president of Fitness Management USA Inc., a management consulting, turnaround and brokerage firm specializing in the fitness and health club industry. With more than 25 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, Thomas lectures and delivers seminars, webinars and workshops across the globe on the practical skills required to successfully to overcome obscurity, improve sales, build teamwork and market fitness programs and products. Visit his Web site at: www.fmconsulting.net or www.jimthomasondemand.com.