Five Reasons Why You Need A Fitness Center Business Plan
Developing a fitness center business plan can seem a bit daunting at first, and you may think it’s a waste of time given all the other things you have to do to run your business. Afterall, you know what you want to do, so why go to the trouble to write it down. Let us help motivate you to put together this important document by offering five reasons why it’s worth the time you invest in developing a business plan.
1. Formalizes Your Plans — Most entrepreneurs have the plans for their business in their heads, but getting the plans out of your brain and on paper forces you to really think through, evaluate and examine your plans.
2. Pulls Everything Together — Putting your plans into a document, allows you to look at all aspects of the business in one place: staffing, operating plan, value proposition, competition, and marketing assumptions. This helps identify inconsistencies such as having enough staffing to meet your growth plans, and it makes sure an area isn’t overlooked.
3. Holds You Accountable — Once you formalize your plans, the targets become performance goals that help keep you on track. Life happens and pulls us into many different directions. Monthly and yearly reviews of your business plan can keep you headed in the direction you want.
4. Essential for Financing — If you need financing, any investor will ask for a detailed business plan. Even if you are getting your financial support from friends and family, having a well thought out plan will give them confidence when investing with you.
5. Plan for the Future — A business plan is an important foundation for the future. Not only does it layout growth goals, but it also provides benchmarks for after-the-fact learning to guide you in the future.
Having a thoughtful, comprehensive plan is essential to the success of your fitness center and time well spent. To talk more about this, or anything else related to your fitness center, please contact us.
Jim Thomas is the founder and president of Fitness Management USA Inc., a management consulting and turnaround firm specializing in the fitness and health club industry. With more than 25 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, Thomas lectures and delivers seminars and workshops across the country on the practical skills required to successfully build teamwork and market fitness programs and products. Visit his Web site at: www.fmconsulting.net or www.jimthomsondemand.com