20 Things to start doing in 2018
So I sit on the floor in my London apartment and think ‘Wow, this year is over; done and dusted!’. As with every year, so much has happened, but this post won’t be much of a look-back on 2017 — because really, there’s just too many things to cover — instead, it will be a ‘how-I-want-to-change-my-life’ kind of post.
I was reading my ‘20 Things to Start Doing’ post from a while back and I found it pretty encouraging, albeit the silly/almost-impossible-to-achieve-things such as ‘go for a run every other day’ or ‘do not procrastinate’. And I want to do the same for 2018.
So here are 20 things I want to start doing in 2018…
- Do quiet time consistently
- Stop living aimlessly, take responsibilities for my actions
- Sincerely volunteer and serve the community
- Initiate activities with new people
- Make the best out of every opportunity I get
- Stop assuming the outcome of things before actually doing it
- Start something creative
- Constantly revise my work to prevent shit-in-the-pants moments
- Organize my time such that I can do more things
- Push myself harder at the gym
- Keep a tighter budget
- Get a coffee machine
- Stop expecting the appearance your other half and just live!
- Meal prep. Eat clean
- Experiment one new recipe each month
- Say NO to things that prevents you from achieving your goals
- Adopt a long term mindset
- Be neat — putting things back to where they belong
- Go explore the city and new cafes
- Be presentable but not vain
Wow, that took longer to churn out than I expected. 20 things are quite a lot to accomplish, but I have 365 days to make it happen. Make your list now and let’s do this together!
Here’s to a year filled with love, happiness and growth!