Routine Report September 2017
Looking back, September was wild in terms of how much went on in the family, business and personal health. I went from eating out every day to eating out possibly once in the entire month. It’s now 2 months into alcohol and dairy (except yogurt) being totally cut. For 95% of the time, my phone was off to reduce EMF exposure and compensate for the long hours in front of my computer (with Wifi on). Some new tools and supplements I tried include Nerurobox, Lions Mane Mushroom, Squatty potty and Neuro Flow. It’s the 2nd month into fasting long hours (18–20 hours)and muscles gains look proper.
I did less biceps workout this month so the growth a bit lower. Moving into November I’m going to hit biceps really hard.
ETEKCITY meter was used and the measurements were taken on an empty stomach in the morning. There is been a decrease across all areas measured. 2 reasons I can attribute to lower measures are 1)I measured it myself (instead of another person) and will be doing so from now an on. 2)I used the ETEKCITY meter by placing the needle NOT over and beside the numbers instead. The 2 new changes I’ve made in measuring will be kept consistent so I have reliable date in the future.
— — -Before — — — — — — — — — — — — —- — — — — — — — — — -After
Biceps:37.1 — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -37.5
Triceps:NA — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -NA
Thighs:60.3 — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 59.5
Calves: 45.4— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 44.5
Neck: 44.8— — — -— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -41.6
Shoulder:119.4 — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — 119
Chest:98.5 — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 97.3
Arm:34.5— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 33.2
Weight:150 — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 152
Hip:NA — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 87.5
Waist:NA — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — - 86
I use skinfold caliper and do it 3 times for each measurements.
Half way between nipple and armpit: 7.6.7mm ~6.7mm
An inch away to the left of belly: 9,11,11mm ~10.3mm
Hal way between hip and knee: 29,28,26mm ~27.6mm
Quantitative Measurements: For a more comprehensive list see: biohackingresources.com
- Ketonix measurements first thing in the morning and last thing before bed
- Biofeedback. Watch me do this.
- Live Blood Analysis. Watch me do this LIVE.
- Several websites that offer genetic interpretations to use 23andme data.
- Mega conscious of how I feel before and after nootropics.
- I feel smarter and more conscious compared to June.
- I feel mega tired in the morning until I break my fast at 12pm.
New modalities I’ve tried:
OMG. This is one of the best investments to make. Hands down. More on this to come on Instagram where I explain more why I use it.
Free shipping on orders of $20 or more: Click here to check it out
Use the code EHL10 to get 10% discounts for your Neurobox. See this video to watch me open my box.
I used it to flush out other stimulant out of my body and still have some boost. More on that later.
Look out on IG for more on this nootropic I tried this month.
5) I ate a lot of Persian pistachio this month. Thanks Mom!
as far as work load, I’m on 10/10 with interviews, creating a legal action toward someone to pay me back, hired two new staff with our company, content creation, reading 10 books, reading on genetics, taking care of my dad with all sorts of health issues, taking care of my mom, going to gym consistently, creating an experiential biohacking event for 200 or more people in Vancouver and taking several people through an intensive 90 day program: Extraordinary Human Living. Thankfully on week 2, they have already gotten results which is very heart warming for me: Join Our Support FB group.
- Guys, there are a lot of tasks I rule out from my schedule. For example, I got full access to a conference videos. I only watched one video. Ah boy, you can probably guess what that conference was. I also read the bios of all the other speakers. As EHL goer you can’t just take on ALL the information. If you area a health coach, scientist, creative person there may be a tendency to do it all. It’s impossible to even as a biohacker with an extreme capacity to absorb 10x more information than the average information on a daily basis, I rule out and cut out things that are not necessary.
- I had my phone off 90% of the time. Being anal about not scheduling calls with others have been a game changer for me. There was a time I’d get on calls with everyone all day felt like I was doing work.
- On Google Calendar, I include a meaning being (e.g. confident leader) next to my appointment. For example,
Call w/ James: Confident Leader
That’s the person I want to BE on the call.
Also, I include James phone number, address, relevant talking points from all his previous emails into the description of google doc. GAME FUCKING CHANGER!
4. Two things that helped me be inspired and happy (two emotions I found to fulfill my soul) are watching this youtube:
~50 g carbs
the rest is fat as much as I want. I eat about 200 more calories after I’m not hungry anymore.
Here is my workout routine:
Full 30 days of the month:
Workout A: Fasting from 5 PM to 12:00 PM
— Shorter hours of fasting: from 5:30 PM to 12:00 PM. Shooting for 18 hours of fasting.
— Then I have at least 1000ml (1L) total Exclusion Zone (EZ) water.
— Pre-workout: (30 minutes before): take one serving of BCAA and one serving of exogenous ketones: KetoCaNa.
— 1–3 reps of the maximum weight you can possibly do. Of course, this is not for those of us who are just starting to lift. It’s a little bit advanced so ask for help from a personal trainer.
— Only go as far as 25 sets.
— take 2minute breaks between the sets.
— Right before the workout, make sure to warm up your body and especially warm up your shoulders.
— Post-workout (right after): have one serving of glutamine, one serving (30g) of protein, 1 bouillon dissolved in hot water.
— foam roll and gut-smashing right after the workout.
— no carbohydrates until 5 PM. no fats until 2 hours after the workout is complete.
— at 5 PM have one serving of creatine and as much carbs as you can take without getting kicked out of ketosis. Currently, I’m having a good amount of yogurt and I still stay within ketosis.
See this Instagram post about measuring how much carb you can take before getting kicked out of ketosis: “Am I producing #ketones yet?”
Additional Supplements: A more comprehensive list I curated can be found on biohackingresources.com
- Now Pea Protein Unflavored 2lbs
- Tones Chicken Bouillon Cubes: 1–2/ day
- SOLGAR — ZINC 22mg PICOLINATE 100COMP S: 1/day
- Vitamin D3 Life Extension 5000 IU: 1/day
- Ashwaganda Swanson 450mg: 1/day, Premium Grade Ashwagandha (KSM-66) — Certified Organic and Non-GMO — 5% Withanolides 1–2/day
- Lugol’s Solution 2%: 1 drop/day (especially for females)
- KAL — Magnesium Glycinate 400mg: 2/day
- Triple Strength Fish Oil Omega-3 Gold 2100mg: 2 softgels/day
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Gallon / 128 ounces 4 spoons/day
- Kirkland First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L Produced from Italian — Growin Olives 4 spoons/day
- SUPER ENZYMES | 11 Guaranteed Active Digestive Enzymes + Herbal Extracts | Multi Enzyme Mix — Amylase, Lipase, Lactase & More | Complete Daily Essential Gut Health Formula for Men & Women | Vegan
- 3M Micropore Paper Tape — 1 X 10 Yds — Box 12
- Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Cold Pressed Unrefined 2.48 L
- Now Foods, Potassium Chloride Powder, 8 oz (227 g)
- Sleep Pure Essential Oil Blend 10ml — A Chamomile, Marjoram, Bulgarian Lavender and Vetiver Essential Oils.
- Himalayan Salt Fine Grain
- New Wave Enviro Products Glass Bottle, Clear, 1-Gallon: 1G/day
- ChocoLift by Source Naturals — 60 capsule: 1/day
- Jamieson Vitamin C 500 mg: 3/day
- IndeZone 1–2 servings/day. This has been super strong (AND AMAZING) for me.
Any nootropics or other performance enhancing supplements that I take, find helpful and find research to back up the effect will make it to my Instagram handle and then subsequently into biohackingresources.com.
Alcohol, caffeine, and social media and EMF :
I’ve gone really hard on eliminating EMF and other things that don’t serve my biology and psychology
- No alcohol this month.
2. As promised I’ve spent less time on social media. Also, immediately after commenting anywhere I set the notification off to not get any notifications if someone else comments. I rule FB not FB rules me.
3. Very little caffeine probably around 1000mg total in the entire month.
5. No microwave at all.
- Crown Prince. This is hands down so delish and one of the best snacks to break your long fast with.
Restaurants and Cafes I tried out:
- I ate Persian Kabab from some restaurants in Vancouver I think once.
Morning Routine Essentials:
- Turn the Wifi back on.
- Staying fasted until 12 PM.
- I realized I can’t do heavily analytical activities during the morning so I have workouts and errands in the morning.
- Listening to Electro Workout playlist on Spotify has been a game changer for the morning with low energy.
- Wrapping up the eating period at 5–6pm by 4 spoons of olive oil, 2spoons of Apple cider vinegar and lot of Himalayan salt.
- On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I work out.
- Check Instagram comments and support people on their biohacking journey.
- Wear my Posture Corrector on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday because it literally holds my body upright. It takes a lot of energy, beyond we can imagine, to hold our posture upright. I don’t wear it on workout days as it’s too much stretching of the muscles on the same day.
- Brush my teeth with My Magic Mud. See more here
- Recover neurotransmitter depletion by intermittent15 minutes Brain.FM.
- 2, 20 minutes TM meditation.
- I write on a Telegram app 10 things I’m grateful for.
*Notice morning routine does not have to be in the morning.
*With that being said, there is also no need to become obsessive about completing your morning routine every day.
- The statement I just made is not a moral licensing and it’s very important to realize priorities trump completion when we are in an overwhelmed stage of our life.
Cortisol Busting Routines:
This is my new routine 3 times a week. I’ve been doing it consistently. The only issue I may have with this is the EMF exposure. More on that later when I measured it with a biological EMF expert.
Evening Routine Essentials: see this for some sleep hacking routines
— Have my Truedark glasses on if at home.
— I’m wearing my blue light blocker glasses if going outside the house for seminars, meetings etc.
— Sleep at around 9:30 and 10:30.
— Shut circuit, Wifi, and Bluetooth off
— My phone is placed on airplane mode until morning.
— I brush my teeth using my left hand and I’m right handed. Also, I floss using my left hand.
— I shut the circuit off before bed.
— It is 2nd month in a row that I’ve not used microwave at all. The microwave at our house was not operated by others neither. Learn more about EMF exposure from this post here.
— It is 2nd month that I’ve had my phone on airplane mode 90% of the time this month.
— It is 2nd month that I get message 3x a week using a hydromassage beds.
Sacrifices I made:
Valued sleep quality more than my night life.
2nd month into saying no to parties and gatherings.
- To sleep early
- Can’t be bothered to go to dinner parties at this age. NOT my thing.
Cycling off of Nootropics:
I take 7 days to cycle off of Nurovita and Indezone:
I took 7 days and replaced the stimulants with Lions mane and coffee.
What I tried and didn’t work:
Resolving my headache during workout was a big issue that is now resolved.
- In the last 10 days of the August, I got massive headaches during my workout. I suspected it’s either high ketones, high Co2 or mouth taping. I didn’t do mouth taping for a while and it didn’t stop. The headache was indeed due to a pre-workout supplement. My workout at the gym suffered. Dumped it and will not review it on social media.
- Learning Experiences during experimentation with nootropics:
Things went wrong:
I sometimes have trouble with routines that don’t have immediate or observable effects including counting gratitude.
- September 6th going to bed at 11pm
- September 5th went to bed at 12pm
- Had 2 servings of vegetables instead of 5 again this month.
- Half way into the month I got massive amount of acid reflux. I reduced the apple cider vinegar to 2 spoons instead of 4 and it is totally resolved.
- I did not do my weekly and monthly planning.
- I didn’t wear my posture corrector consistently.
- I didn’t do TM meditation consistently.
Coming up next:
There will be MUCH more qualitative and quantitative self-quantification involved.
- In my morning routine I’ll have cold showers reintegrated.
- Getting 5000flux blue light shining at me every day.
- Experimenting with some fancy auditory and visual stimulation gadgets.
- Increasing sleep time to 8 to 10 hours.
- Heart rate variability, more genetic interpretations, and more self-quantifications methods to come.
- and MUCH MORE
I welcome your thoughts and opinions on my routines and want to hear how it helps you. Please share the article with at least one person you think would benefit from it.
If you have a product that you want me to review to be presented in front of ~25K total social media audience, please DM me on Instagram @hackmybiology.
If you are interested in my biohacking mini-course head over to hackmybiology.com and download your course. That is a good start for anyone who wants to start their biohacking journey.
Arvin Khamseh Coaching. (“AKC”) article content and information provided by AKC staff is provided for informational purposes only. Such information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease or to provide medical advice. Nor is it intended to replace a relationship with a health care provider. Nutrition information on this article represents the opinions of the respective author and is protected under the laws of copyright and trademark.
No statement in this article is intended to imply that supplements can or should be used in place of a drug or medication or that supplements can cure, treat, or prevent disease. Any questions you may have concerning your use of drugs, medications, or supplements should be directed to your healthcare professional.
None of the product statements on the AKC article have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.