My top 5 Goals for 2018 are to:
- TRAVEL MORE + TAKE MORE SOLO TRIPS
- BUILD A SMALL HOUSE
- BECOME A FASHION STYLIST AND CREATIVE CONSULTANT
- BECOME AN EARLY RISER
- GROW STRONGER IN MY FAITH + WALK WITH GOD
What’s Stopping Me From Achieving My Goals:
- I’m scared of traveling by myself and I’m not committed to prioritizing travel in my life even though it’s my passion. I’m also scared of what other people will think of me and I am not committed to saving money for my travels.
- I am not committed in my savings and earning goals to help me achieve this goal. I am distracted by my social life and caring too much about what others will think of me. I’m too fearful of the point of no return.
- I have never thought of myself as a fashion stylist and creative consultant because I think I’m too much of a novice and “not good enough.” I haven’t fully committed to my craft because again I’m scared of what others will think of me and how they will think I’m not good enough. I just realized that I have a lot of self-esteem issues just writing these answers out. 😳
- Not committed to waking up early and I keep pressing the snooze button. I don’t think of myself as an early bird and I tend to waste a lot of time in the mornings arguing with myself about getting up early.
- This is another “worried about what others will think of me issue.” Being a christian, I tend to see a lot of people come under fire for their faiths and beliefs. I have never fully committed to growing as a Christian and living out my faith, because I fear what others think.
WHAT I NEED TO DO:
- I need to save money and commit to the places that I really want to travel to. I need to find a job that will allow me to be more flexible and travel more. I also need to increase my income and find creative ways to travel within my budget.
- I need to save money for a downpayment and apply for a loan. I need to re-zone the land and draft the plans for the house. Buy the materials and hire the laborers. I need to commit to building this house.
- I need to get out of this mindset that I am a beginner and take the leap into this career. I need to get a small certification and start shooting with local and regional photographers. I need to build my portfolio and start assisting stylists whenever I can. I also need to get my business license and start consulting local brands.
- I need to sleep earlier, stop staying out late with my friends, and commit to waking up earlier. I also need to find an accountability partner who will commit to waking up early with me.
- I need to join a bible study group and find a mentor who will teach me and disciple me. I need to commit to showing up to Sunday services and actively listening to God’s word instead of being on my phone. I need to read my bible and pray more, by carving out times in my day to do this.
- I want to live out my passion and my dream to see the world. Want to overcome my fear of being alone.
- I want to invest in my future and commit to something totally crazy that people my age wouldn’t do.
- I want to commit to my craft and pursue it faithfully.
- I want to have more quiet and calm days.
- I want to know why I believe what I believe and commit to it.