12 Of The Best SEO Keyword Research Tools
Selecting the right keywords is the foundation of your Search Engine Optimization campaign. A website with great appearance and unique content is a bad investment unless it ranks high on Google SERPs. And it is the rightly chosen keywords that will help your website in scoring higher ranks in the search results.
Keyword research is a fundamental first step in understanding what content to create. This work allows you to see which phrases searchers enter queries for, and in what volumes. This can help you determine what content to produce as you will know if there are enough people searching on the topic you were thinking of focusing on.
So, here are the Top 12 Keyword Research/Selector tools that will help you in identifying potential keywords and analyzing their strength.
Bing Keyword Research Tool gives ideas and suggestions for your content. You just have to sign in for Bing Webmaster Tools to access the Keyword Research Tool. All the keyword suggestions are based on organic search and shows suggestions based on 6 months of historical data.
The enhanced version of old Google Keyword Tool, it will make the selection of initial list of keywords easier for you. The Keyword Planner tool will help in finding keywords and ad groups for targeting PPC campaigns. You just have to Sign into AdWords, click “Tools and Analysis” option in the menu and select “Keyword Planner”.
Keyword Planner is like a workshop for building new Search Network campaigns or expanding existing ones. You can search for keyword and ad group ideas, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together. A free AdWords tool, Keyword Planner can also help you choose competitive bids and budgets to use with your campaigns.
Whether you’re new to online advertising or an experienced pro, you can use Keyword Planner to lay the groundwork for a successful campaign.
A tool that provides keyword ideas and traffic estimates to help you build a Search Network campaign.
- Search for keyword and ad groups ideas based on terms that describe your product or service, your website, or a product category related to what you’re advertising. You can also enter or upload a list of keywords. And you can multiply two or more lists of keywords to create a new list that combines your keywords.
- Get historical statistics, like the number of times people have searched for a keyword or how competitive that keyword is.
- You can also get traffic estimates, like how many clicks and impressions your keywords might get for given bid and budget amounts.
It is one of the best ways to discover longer and more specific phrases to narrow targetting. The tool keeps running to fetch phrases for every latter of the alphabet. You can select key phrases & move to the next step to generate more phrases for them. The dashboard of all the keywords with different databases from Google, Bing, YouTube, and Amazon appears.
It is one of the most popular keyword selector tools that compile keyword search statistics from major search engines across the world. Keyword Discovery Tool can tell the search phrases people use for finding a product or service. It will also help you in finding the search terms driving traffic to your competitors.
With Keyword Discovery Tool, you can:
- Optimize website content and meta tags
- Maximize PPC campaigns
- Drive traffic away from competitors
KeywordTool.io helps you find out what people are looking for. It generates around 750 suggestions for every keyword. The auto suggestions generated by KeywordTool.io depends on the particular Google domain and language chosen by you. It uses Google AutoComplete to generate long tail keywords.
Keyword Tool Is The Best Alternative To Google Keyword Planner And Ubersuggest
Here are a few reasons why:
- It generates up to 750+ suggestions for every keyword
- No errors. Keyword Tool is extremely reliable as it works 99.99% of the time
- It’s free
Are you a business owner, online marketer or content creator? You would definitely need to grab people’s attention in order to make them click on your ads or even read your content. For that, you will have to first understand what your potential customers or readers are actually searching for.
Every search is an expression of people’s needs, wants, interests and desires. Imagine how your business would benefit if you could analyse these search terms that are related to your business domain and customise your product to serve the actual needs of your customers.
Keyword Tool will help you discover thousands of the new longtail keywords related to the topic that you specify by automatically generating Google’s auto suggestions. The auto suggestions will be generated based on the Google domain and language that you choose.
Essentials keyword research is the standard keyword research tool by Searchmetrics. The special thing about the suggest feature is that it will show you where the entered domain ranks for a particular keyword. If you want you can also add and tag keywords from here.
The industry standard keyword research tool, SEMRush gives you an unparalleled insight to the PPC keywords, rankings, and traffic data of competitor. After you provide a URL, the tool will pull insightful metrics of the competitor including how much traffic they are getting, spending on AdWords, and expected search volume for targeted keyword. You can look at how well your competitor is performing and frame your strategy accordingly.
The tool will filter results to show only the questions which people will type in the search box. It is great for identifying the how-to content and frequently asked questions. SerpStat will provide popular keywords and their different forms being used by people are who are looking for interesting services, products, as well as information.
The keyword suggestion tool is free and easy to use. It gives you the list of the best keywords by analyzing search engines Google, Wikipedia, Amazon, Answers.com, YouTube, Bing, and Yahoo!
One of the best keyword suggestion tools, the moment you type in a keyword, Ubersuggest will pull out the data from Google suggest & other sources. It is mainly used for:
- PPC Keyword Research
- Content suggestions
- SEO Keyword Research
Get keyword ideas with Übersuggest the free keyword suggestion tool that makes good use of different suggest services.
How it works?
- Write a term in the box.
- Choose a language and a source. Übersuggest can get suggestions either from regular Web search or from search verticals like Shopping, News or Video (more to come).
- Übersuggest takes your base term, add a letter or a digit in front of it, and extracts suggestions for it.
- Click on each word to get further suggestions based on that term.
- Add each keyword to your basket clicking on the plus sign on its left.
- Add all visible keywords to your basket clicking on the large grey button.
With this free keyword tool you can instantly get thousands of keyword ideas from real user queries! Use the keywords to get inspiration for your next blog post, or to optimize your PPC or SEO campaigns.
The keyword research tool is available in Free and Premium versions. If you have a free account, you can do up to 25 searches every day.
While Wordpot has the appearance of being a relatively new keyword tool due to its simplistic nature, it does have several notable features that separate it from its competition.
- Removal of Manipulated Search Data — unlike most other keyword research tools, Wordpot attempts to remove search data created by automated queries, such as by bots that attempt to artificially enhance a particular website’s clickthrough rate in search engines.
- Super Easy-To-Use Interface — Wordpot’s research interface is very simplistic in nature — a search button, and Ajax-delivered results. No confusing multi-step processes, just keyword research data one button-push away.
- Keyword Trends — For popular keywords, Wordpot offers a graphical display of the month-by-month demand of the keywords in search engines. This can help you to identify seasonal demand for the keywords that you are considering.
- Long-Tail Keyword Suggestions — While most keyword Tools offer long-tail keyword suggestions, Wordpot’s tool offers a multitude of long-tail keyword possibilities that do not always show up in other keyword research tools.
- One-Click Keyword Drilldown — When you search for a phrase in Wordpot, with a single click on a result, you can dig deeper into a particular keyword phrase to receive better-targeted results to laser-target your keyword research efforts.
- Limit Keyword Research to Particular Search Engines — when you’re researching a keyword with Wordpot’s tool, you have the option of checking the keyword with Google, MSN, Yahoo, ASK, AOL, or all of the above.
- Advanced Search Settings — You can expand your keyword lists by using Wordpot’s search settings, which includes singular and plural versions of your keyword, synonymous keywords, related keywords, and associated keywords.
A fast, accurate, and comprehensive online keyword suggestion tool that can aggregate more than 1 billion unique keywords. With the huge database of over a trillion keywords, the tool enables it to provide long-tail keyword suggestions.
Do you have more keyword selector tools in your favorite list? Share them with us.
Originally published at www.hanifsipai.com on September 26, 2015.