Unleashed is hiring a Learning Experience Architect!
Hello, we’re Unleashed. Our vision is to create successful businesses, world-class employee experiences and fulfilled work lives. Our mission is to gear-up early-stage businesses for speedy, scalable and sustainable success through People and Culture.
In collaboration with the awesome early-stage businesses we partner with, at Unleashed we believe that we can do it much better than traditional HR (shudder) and Training (groan) and blow best practice out the water! At the moment, we’re a small but perfectly formed team of three with big, audacious plans. We’ve already defined the values that are setting us up for success — continuous learning; bias to action; and positive impact.
As a Learning Experience Architect, you’ll be joining us as we help founders, in-house People people, startups and scaleups develop by working with founders, their leaders and their managers.
You’ll do this through crafting, facilitating and constantly iterating on the best, most innovative and the most experiential learning experiences on the planet! Not to go all yoga retreat on you, but we want our programmes to be transformational life experiences. You’ll craft A* interventions that not only affect those that are part of our programmes, but the people that they manage and work with for their entire careers. Their learning will be so impacted that as a result they won’t just develop as managers and leaders, but they will have the opportunity to learn and develop as humans…
About the Role
We’re seeking a truly exceptional, creative and progressive Learning Experience Architect to join us.
You will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with our partners to understand their businesses goals and devising a learning strategy and programme to support them.
- Creating human, scalable and sustainable learning experiences to enable high performing teams and business growth.
- Designing and delivering better than best development experiences that have maximum impact — now, and as they scale and grow.
- Working collaboratively and creatively with the Unleashed team about the best approach for our individual clients.
- Informing, iterating and challenging Unleashed’s strategy for world domination and helping us further define how we work with businesses.
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Experience of designing and facilitating learning experiences related to management and leadership development for tech businesses via either a learning agency / consultancy or as a freelancer. This requirement is absolutely essential for us because of these are the types of businesses that we partner with, and our clients appreciate this expertise.
- Experience as a manager and as a leader. Our experiences need to be practical, not theoretical. You need to know through personal experience about what you are talking about.
- Experience designing and facilitating management and leadership programmes that don’t just focus on concepts and tools, but that are highly experiential, immersive and informed by neuroscience and behavioural psychology.
- Coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills are a must, as is the ability to design for inclusion of different learning styles, personalities and levels of cynicism.
- You’re endlessly curious. You don’t believe there is ever just one way of doing things. Not only do you embrace new ideas but you actively seek to create them and experiment with them.
- You’re interested in wholly rejecting best practice and taking a fresh and truly progressive approach to management and leadership to drive high performing teams — using design thinking and creativity for genuine innovation.
- You’re self-aware and reflective — you’ve experimented a lot in your career so far and have a good sense of what worked and what didn’t. Not only that, you accept that nothing you deliver will ever be an end product — there is always something more to learn!
- You have bags of EQ, and arguably more AQ (adaptability quotient).
This is a truly exciting role! The opportunity that you have to drive, not just our business forward, but that of our clients too, is unparalleled.
Unleashed is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision and super high potential for growth.
In addition to your salary and 5% pension contribution, you will also receive a significant and market-trumping L&D allowance — seriously, your jaw will drop. After all, to do the better than best for our businesses, you too need to carry on your development to better than best :)
Sound exciting? Apply now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS: Mums, dads, brothers, sisters, full-timers, part-timers, anytimers, whether blue, green, purple or whatever, are invited to apply. If you are human, if you have the skills, if you live and demonstrate our values (below), then the rest doesn’t matter in the slightest!
(Actually, that is slightly incorrect.. we are currently trying to get our license to be able to sponsor people that require Tier 2 Visas. So at this stage sadly, we can only employ people who have the right to work in the UK via other means.)
How our values reflect our work…
Bias To Action
We do the doing. We use design thinking to create agile tools and processes that are appropriate and scalable for our clients & their exciting futures. We always start with our understanding the culture and values of each business we work with, therefore nothing we produce will ever feel off the shelf. We combine experience and creativity to blow ‘best practice’ out the water. We believe in working at pace, focusing on the important, impactful stuff first.
There is very little point doing anything if it isn’t going to move the needle. As such, we ensure that everything we do has an impact. To do this, we take the time to understand our clients’ goals, teams’ and how they work. We then measure. A lot. Be that through pre and post manager surveys for development or via engagement surveys and onboarding surveys for other areas… we are driven by positive impact.
We believe that people are happiest and most productive when they have a craft that they’re empowered to master. Everyone benefits from continuous improvement — the businesses we work with, the people within them, our wider community and of course, ourselves. All of our work is created to develop and teach. Be it our development programmes or sharing what we know as a result of working with many early-stage businesses. We mentor, we coach, and we love to share our knowledge. We’re equally excited about what we can learn from you.
Originally published at workinstartups.com.