The 5 Pillars of Happiness
Did you know: there is a field of Psychology that is focused entirely on what’s RIGHT with you? I know, isn’t that awesome!
It is called Positive Psychology and there are 5 areas to focus on to increase happiness . The model was designed by Dr. Martin Seligman who believes that these five elements can help people reach a life of fulfillment, happiness, and meaning.
According to Paul Wong, who calls Positive Psychology “a quiet positive revolution”the underlying theme of positive psychology is that life can be made better for all people, if certain conditions are met.
The research is growing every day supporting the idea that certain tools, behaviors and activities can improve our happiness.
1. Positivity- which includes gratitude, optimistic thinking and a growth mindset
2. Engagement- which includes choice, self discipline, mindfulness, building on your strengths and the concept of flow or “being in the zone”.
3. Relationships- why they are important and how we can improve them
4. Meaning- where we explore our passion, our purpose and why we are here
5. Achievement- which includes hope, change, goals and grit
What you can do today: just write those 5 words down: Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Achievement- and think about what they mean to you.
How do YOU show up in those areas of your life?
With negativity or positivity? Its time to start paying attention. Let me know in the comments below which area you are doing great in and which one you need to start focusing on.
Don’t miss a minute of happiness. Check out free 1 minute videos at www.happierbytheminute.com
See you in a minute…
p.s. If you liked this article, click the💚 below