This week’s work was on changing the display of error messages in the create timer modal. This work involved creation of new error messages and its classes in the timer-dialog.
Changes from the default error dialog (patterns.js)
Problems with old create-timer’s error messages : When we click bootstrap datepicker to select calendar date, it forced all the errors in the modal to be hidden. There was also the problem where the datepicker-dropdown location was wrong when a scroll bar occurs (large number of repeat options).
So just like in host.js system-time setting dialog , the new create-timer dialog has error messages that also lets bootstrap datepicker to work correctly.
Here is the new changes : https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/pull/4645
The other new changes include :
- Displays both (0–59)minute and (0–23) hour error message inside all the repeat options.
- After closing the dialog, the timer doesn’t possess any previous input values.
- Bootstrap Dropdown is placed correctly when a scroll bar occurs. (a large number of repeat options are created.)
The work left to complete :
- Further design changes if any.
- Use of bootstrap-combobox to select/write existing services.
- Test cases for timers