Startup circle is like working in a Big Company
Recently, I started my working hours in a co-working space. After two weeks of working there, and interactions with other people, I found some interesting facts.
It’s like working in a Big Company.
- The office is big (full floor)
- Many workers in the space
- Those people are like colleagues
- You know some of the “colleagues”, say hi to them every day
- Yet, you don’t know what they are working on
- Sometimes, you will have lunch together
- You will share with each other the ongoing works, but in a very shallow way
- The office is composed of many departments, separated into Startups
- You don’t know most of these people in person
- You may know some department heads, who are the Startup Founders
- You will join meetups, gatherings, trainings in order to get familiar with others
- The facilities are shared in the office
- Depending on the departments (Startups), you may be making different amount of salaries
- You will still want to help each other, as the competition outside is so vigorous
- The space you work defines who you are
There are many more things in common. Yet, if it is like Big Company where people work with zero collaboration, there may be no benefit brought to this entire entity. From my own perspective, I will want to break the ice.
I am taking a challenge to write a post every day for 180 days. The content will be related to my life as a father, entrepreneur, developer and trainer.
After so many years of entrepreneurship, I didn’t really take a seat in a co-working space. As I recall, the very…medium.com