Weight loss treatment — Know it, Cure it
“In present times, our world is going through a major issue of Overweight and Obesity. This situation needs to be controlled and only we, the people, can control it. Maybe you have read about different weight loss treatment a number of times. But today, I have tried to give you a summarized insight regarding the weight loss issue to help you tackle this situation better.
Nothing can give you an improved mentality to face the situation better, except knowing the situation itself. Waking early gives you new perspectives for life and keeping yourself fit gives you the strength to apply those perspectives. Be ready to lead your life.”
Things you will know by going through this article –
· Obesity and Overweight
· BMI (Body Mass Index)
· WHO key-facts about Obesity
· Causes of Overweight /Obesity
· Weight Loss tips
What is Overweight and Obesity:
Simply speaking, it is the amount of excess weight that the body gains than what is required. Fat is the unused energy that is stored in body cells for future use. It is not necessary that it will be used. If the body receives oversupply of food, it will just result in the accumulation of energy. This energy dis balance brings the overweight issue.
Our body needs muscles to have strength but fat makes you look loaded, not stronger. It is not necessary that only energy will be stored. Sometimes, fat is made of useless elements that come from medication procedures or digestion problems.
Our body standard weight is measured by BMI (Body Mass Index). Whether you are an overweight person or underweight, it can be easily known by using it.
Overweight and Obesity are two different terms.
1- Overweight is a situation when a person`s BMI comes more than or equal to 25.
2- Obesity is a situation when a person`s BMI comes more than or equal to 30.
What is BMI (Body Mass Index)?
Body Mass Index is a formula, used to get an idea of the suitable weight that a body should have to be called healthy. It takes into consideration one`s height, weight, age, sex to calculate the BMI.
One thing to keep in mind here is that it is not the exact parameter due to its own restrictions. It does not include the points such as bone or muscle mass, very muscular and fit body, etc. into calculations so the results are not 100% accurate. Though it is the simplest and widest used method of checking Overweight and Underweight standards.
Some Key facts about Obesity: (Resource : WHO)
These are some key points released by WHO (World Health Organization), from the analysis done on the data gathered till 2014;
· The worldwide prevalence of obesity more than doubled between 1980 and 2014.
· In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these, over 600 million were obese.
· 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014 and 13% were obese.
· Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
· 42 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2013.
· Overall, about 13% of the world’s adult population (11% of men and 15% of women) were obese in 2014.
· Obesity is preventable by taking proper measures.
What Causes Overweight and Obesity ?
The issue generally arises due to many unnoticeable activities. To know the right reasons, one should have the knowledge of right points. These are some main reasons that attribute to overweight-
1. Energy disbalance — It is one of the major reason of fat accumulation in the body. People usually don’t know or don’t give attention to their eating and working habits. The energy disbalance is described as an increased consumption of energy dense food, rich in fat and less usage of energy by minimal physical activity. Some people feel more hunger or are into the habit of eating frequently. It is ok if you are into heavy body work but if you have a chair to sit and work continuously for 8–10 hours on your system, then it might become a problem as it will disbalance the energy generation and usage cycle. So, how much calories you intake and how much exercise/ body work you do, both should have a balance.
2. Genes and Family history — It is also seen that obesity is also inspired through genes. If the parents are overweight then most likely, the child will also be overweight.
3. Health Conditions and Medications — Some medical issues like thyroid problem, hormonal problems can cause overweight as well as some medications like antidepressants, seizure medicines increase the amount of fat in the body. Besides, some slows down the body fat burn rate, increase appetite or cause the body to hold extra water.
4. Emotional factors — Some people eat more when they are stressed, bored or angry.
5. Age — As you grow older, you lose muscles. It results in slow calorie burning.
6. Lack of sleep — Lack of sleep affects body functional activity. Also, you eat more to keep up the energy levels. It affects the insulin levels in the body which increase the risk of diabetes.
Some other factors that increase fat are inactive lifestyle, environment, pregnancy, etc. Any of these factors can become the cause and now you can analyze yourself to know what is your reason.
Weight loss tips (how to weight loss by home remedies)
One thing you should understand completely is, weight loss cannot be done in just one day or a week or a month. It needs continuous practice and by losing grams to kilos, you achieve your goal. Overweight is an issue that can be cured with the right and disciplined efforts. The way it is increased, the same way it can be decreased. Yes, it gives pain to keep a distance from your favorite snacks /dish and keep up a disciplined lifestyle but once you come in shape, you will find that it was worth leaving. Having said so, here are some weight loss tips which can be quite useful in reducing excess weights.
1- First of all, limit the energy intake from fat and sugar rich snacks/food.
2- Instead, increase consumption of home food and grains. It gives energy without increasing fat.
3- Engage in regular physical activity (ie; walk, gym, home exercise, other physical activities) for approx. 30 minutes daily.
4- Lifestyle changes — from eating to work habits, from sleeping to playing habits, everything should have a proper time and discipline.
5- Reduce the calorie but keep a healthy and low fat diet. It can be done by slightly reducing the calories from your daily food.
6- Change your daily routine, don’t give all your time to computer, t.v. or phone. It ruins most of your efforts. Indulge yourself in some active game or activity. In short, keep yourself active.
7- Consult your doctor to know the reasons. Is there any issue which is increasing the weight. If so, then get the proper treatment for that.
8- You can opt for herbal and natural weight loss treatment to help you lose weight faster as natural medicines tend to be completely safe, side effects free and very effective.
Maybe it sounds simple, but applying it on day to day basis can bring some slow moments in your life, still you have to find the urge to go on as only you can change what you want to.