10 Songs in 10 Foreign Languages
If you are having a hard time deciding which language you should learn next, I suggest you try doing what many seasoned language learners do: listen to songs in several languages, and pick the language with the most beautiful songs. In my opinion, this is actually a great approach to picking a language because you get to not only listen to the language, but also get a glimpse of the culture that surrounds it.
Lately, I’ve been on various international chat rooms asking people what their favorite songs are in their native languages. This article lists some of the answers they gave me.
1. Modern Greek — A Hellenic Language
2. Hungarian — A Finno-Ugric Language
3. Estonian — A Balto-Finnic Language
4. Latvian — An Eastern Baltic Language
5. Kannada — A Dravidian Language
6. Portuguese — A Romance Language
7. Spanish — Another Romance Language
8. Northern Sami — A Uralic Language
9. Georgian — A Kartvelian Language
10. Korean — A language isolate
Do you have a favorite song in a language that’s not mentioned here? Leave a response, and I’ll add it to this list.